Install Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update on Samsung Galaxy S3; International Version, GT-I9300 Receives New Firmware; Available Via KIES Server
By Vanessa Francisco | January 8, 2014 12:53 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 owners can install the official and latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on their smartphones now. After the I9300XXUGML2 firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update was released, a new update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3. I9300XXUGMK7 based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in May 2012 and was launched with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Now, it can be upgraded to the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software. The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now available via KIES server, desktop tool. The over-the-air (OTA) notification will arrive on Samsung Galaxy S3 devices once the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update is available on the region.
The listed build date of the XXUGMK7 firmware is January 2014 and it is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 users in Israel. However, for Samsung Galaxy S3 owners who can't wait for the OTA notification to arrive on their region, they can choose to manually install the software. But, it is only applicable for users with a factory unlocked version of the GT-I9300 Samsung Galaxy S3.
Because the firmware is unbranded, the update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean can be manually installed to any unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 device, regardless of its region or country.
Before you install the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on your Samsung Galaxy S3, here are a few things to make sure of:
1. Check if your Samsung Galaxy S3 is an international version.
2. Look at the specific model of your smartphone and check if it is a GF-I9300 by going to the Settings - About - Model No.
3. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 should have a battery level of at least 80 percent or more before you start installing the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
4. Be sure that you have created a back-up of all the important settings and data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 with the use of a custom recovery tool like ClockWorkMod.
Click here to learn how you can install the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- Nokia Lumia 635: Microsoft Drops AT&T Smartphone's Price For 2014 Black Friday Sale
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- Google’s Mobile Search To Lessen Stress Of Black Friday Shopping
- Apple’s Black Friday Sale Versus Other Retailers
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments