Install Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update on Samsung Galaxy S3; International Version, GT-I9300 Receives New Firmware; Available Via KIES Server
By Vanessa Francisco | January 8, 2014 12:53 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 owners can install the official and latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on their smartphones now. After the I9300XXUGML2 firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update was released, a new update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3. I9300XXUGMK7 based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in May 2012 and was launched with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Now, it can be upgraded to the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software. The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now available via KIES server, desktop tool. The over-the-air (OTA) notification will arrive on Samsung Galaxy S3 devices once the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update is available on the region.
The listed build date of the XXUGMK7 firmware is January 2014 and it is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 users in Israel. However, for Samsung Galaxy S3 owners who can't wait for the OTA notification to arrive on their region, they can choose to manually install the software. But, it is only applicable for users with a factory unlocked version of the GT-I9300 Samsung Galaxy S3.
Because the firmware is unbranded, the update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean can be manually installed to any unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 device, regardless of its region or country.
Before you install the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on your Samsung Galaxy S3, here are a few things to make sure of:
1. Check if your Samsung Galaxy S3 is an international version.
2. Look at the specific model of your smartphone and check if it is a GF-I9300 by going to the Settings - About - Model No.
3. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 should have a battery level of at least 80 percent or more before you start installing the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
4. Be sure that you have created a back-up of all the important settings and data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 with the use of a custom recovery tool like ClockWorkMod.
Click here to learn how you can install the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness