Install Official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update on Samsung Galaxy S3; International Version, GT-I9300 Receives New Firmware; Available Via KIES Server
By Vanessa Francisco | January 8, 2014 12:53 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 owners can install the official and latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on their smartphones now. After the I9300XXUGML2 firmware based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update was released, a new update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3. I9300XXUGMK7 based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is now available for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy S3.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in May 2012 and was launched with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. Now, it can be upgraded to the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean software. The official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for the Samsung Galaxy S3 is now available via KIES server, desktop tool. The over-the-air (OTA) notification will arrive on Samsung Galaxy S3 devices once the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware update is available on the region.
The listed build date of the XXUGMK7 firmware is January 2014 and it is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3 users in Israel. However, for Samsung Galaxy S3 owners who can't wait for the OTA notification to arrive on their region, they can choose to manually install the software. But, it is only applicable for users with a factory unlocked version of the GT-I9300 Samsung Galaxy S3.
Because the firmware is unbranded, the update to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean can be manually installed to any unlocked Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 device, regardless of its region or country.
Before you install the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update on your Samsung Galaxy S3, here are a few things to make sure of:
1. Check if your Samsung Galaxy S3 is an international version.
2. Look at the specific model of your smartphone and check if it is a GF-I9300 by going to the Settings - About - Model No.
3. Your Samsung Galaxy S3 should have a battery level of at least 80 percent or more before you start installing the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
4. Be sure that you have created a back-up of all the important settings and data in your Samsung Galaxy S3 with the use of a custom recovery tool like ClockWorkMod.
Click here to learn how you can install the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu