The Elder Scrolls Online: Now Players Get to be Emperor of Cyrodil
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
Publisher Bethesda Softworks' upcoming video game The Elder Scrolls Online will now allow players to sit on the throne of Cyrodil and assume the role of the Emperor, provided they are able to win the competing individuals.
The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to be the Emperor of Cyrodil.
This was revealed by Paul Sage, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online, in an interview with OXM. He explained how players can become Emperors - by fighting a lot of battles in the Player vs Player (PvP) environment.
These actions will make players eligible for Alliance points. Players will need to kill other players, heal allies and take control of a keep to get the points, experience and loot. Players will have to be triumphant in expanding their territory by winning keeps that will unlock bonuses.
The player, who has an Alliance that has the highest number of points and will be taking over most keeps near the Imperial City, will be crowned as the Emperor of Cyrodil. Being an Emperor will also unlock more bonuses for other players who would have worked with the now-crowned-Emperor.
"Players who become Emperor will get a full skill line that they keep throughout the rest of their lives in The Elder Scrolls Online. It won't be easy to become Emperor, but we think people will be glad they worked for it," said Sage.
If the Emperor is dethroned by other players, his imperial skills become less effective but the dethroned player will still be a force to reckon with.
Any player who wants to become the Emperor has to get into PvP battles, no matter what new scientific discoveries any individual makes. And so it will not be easy to climb the throne.
The game is expected to release on 4 April for PC and Mac. It will release in June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- The Pirate Bay Operations: 21 Virtual Machines Are Used To Run The File-sharing Website
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia