The Elder Scrolls Online: Now Players Get to be Emperor of Cyrodil
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
Publisher Bethesda Softworks' upcoming video game The Elder Scrolls Online will now allow players to sit on the throne of Cyrodil and assume the role of the Emperor, provided they are able to win the competing individuals.
The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to be the Emperor of Cyrodil.
This was revealed by Paul Sage, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online, in an interview with OXM. He explained how players can become Emperors - by fighting a lot of battles in the Player vs Player (PvP) environment.
These actions will make players eligible for Alliance points. Players will need to kill other players, heal allies and take control of a keep to get the points, experience and loot. Players will have to be triumphant in expanding their territory by winning keeps that will unlock bonuses.
The player, who has an Alliance that has the highest number of points and will be taking over most keeps near the Imperial City, will be crowned as the Emperor of Cyrodil. Being an Emperor will also unlock more bonuses for other players who would have worked with the now-crowned-Emperor.
"Players who become Emperor will get a full skill line that they keep throughout the rest of their lives in The Elder Scrolls Online. It won't be easy to become Emperor, but we think people will be glad they worked for it," said Sage.
If the Emperor is dethroned by other players, his imperial skills become less effective but the dethroned player will still be a force to reckon with.
Any player who wants to become the Emperor has to get into PvP battles, no matter what new scientific discoveries any individual makes. And so it will not be easy to climb the throne.
The game is expected to release on 4 April for PC and Mac. It will release in June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display