The Elder Scrolls Online: Now Players Get to be Emperor of Cyrodil
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
Publisher Bethesda Softworks' upcoming video game The Elder Scrolls Online will now allow players to sit on the throne of Cyrodil and assume the role of the Emperor, provided they are able to win the competing individuals.
The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to be the Emperor of Cyrodil.
This was revealed by Paul Sage, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online, in an interview with OXM. He explained how players can become Emperors - by fighting a lot of battles in the Player vs Player (PvP) environment.
These actions will make players eligible for Alliance points. Players will need to kill other players, heal allies and take control of a keep to get the points, experience and loot. Players will have to be triumphant in expanding their territory by winning keeps that will unlock bonuses.
The player, who has an Alliance that has the highest number of points and will be taking over most keeps near the Imperial City, will be crowned as the Emperor of Cyrodil. Being an Emperor will also unlock more bonuses for other players who would have worked with the now-crowned-Emperor.
"Players who become Emperor will get a full skill line that they keep throughout the rest of their lives in The Elder Scrolls Online. It won't be easy to become Emperor, but we think people will be glad they worked for it," said Sage.
If the Emperor is dethroned by other players, his imperial skills become less effective but the dethroned player will still be a force to reckon with.
Any player who wants to become the Emperor has to get into PvP battles, no matter what new scientific discoveries any individual makes. And so it will not be easy to climb the throne.
The game is expected to release on 4 April for PC and Mac. It will release in June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Xbox One VS. PS4 At PAX Prime 2014:18 Games On Sale And A Lineup Of Xbox Games Revealed
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique