The Elder Scrolls Online: Now Players Get to be Emperor of Cyrodil
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
Publisher Bethesda Softworks' upcoming video game The Elder Scrolls Online will now allow players to sit on the throne of Cyrodil and assume the role of the Emperor, provided they are able to win the competing individuals.
The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to be the Emperor of Cyrodil.
This was revealed by Paul Sage, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online, in an interview with OXM. He explained how players can become Emperors - by fighting a lot of battles in the Player vs Player (PvP) environment.
These actions will make players eligible for Alliance points. Players will need to kill other players, heal allies and take control of a keep to get the points, experience and loot. Players will have to be triumphant in expanding their territory by winning keeps that will unlock bonuses.
The player, who has an Alliance that has the highest number of points and will be taking over most keeps near the Imperial City, will be crowned as the Emperor of Cyrodil. Being an Emperor will also unlock more bonuses for other players who would have worked with the now-crowned-Emperor.
"Players who become Emperor will get a full skill line that they keep throughout the rest of their lives in The Elder Scrolls Online. It won't be easy to become Emperor, but we think people will be glad they worked for it," said Sage.
If the Emperor is dethroned by other players, his imperial skills become less effective but the dethroned player will still be a force to reckon with.
Any player who wants to become the Emperor has to get into PvP battles, no matter what new scientific discoveries any individual makes. And so it will not be easy to climb the throne.
The game is expected to release on 4 April for PC and Mac. It will release in June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- ‘Destiny’ New DLC For PlayStation And Xbox: Future Missions, Strikes And Raids Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money