The Elder Scrolls Online: Now Players Get to be Emperor of Cyrodil
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 9:35 PM EST
Publisher Bethesda Softworks' upcoming video game The Elder Scrolls Online will now allow players to sit on the throne of Cyrodil and assume the role of the Emperor, provided they are able to win the competing individuals.
The Elder Scrolls Online will allow players to be the Emperor of Cyrodil.
This was revealed by Paul Sage, game director of The Elder Scrolls Online, in an interview with OXM. He explained how players can become Emperors - by fighting a lot of battles in the Player vs Player (PvP) environment.
These actions will make players eligible for Alliance points. Players will need to kill other players, heal allies and take control of a keep to get the points, experience and loot. Players will have to be triumphant in expanding their territory by winning keeps that will unlock bonuses.
The player, who has an Alliance that has the highest number of points and will be taking over most keeps near the Imperial City, will be crowned as the Emperor of Cyrodil. Being an Emperor will also unlock more bonuses for other players who would have worked with the now-crowned-Emperor.
"Players who become Emperor will get a full skill line that they keep throughout the rest of their lives in The Elder Scrolls Online. It won't be easy to become Emperor, but we think people will be glad they worked for it," said Sage.
If the Emperor is dethroned by other players, his imperial skills become less effective but the dethroned player will still be a force to reckon with.
Any player who wants to become the Emperor has to get into PvP battles, no matter what new scientific discoveries any individual makes. And so it will not be easy to climb the throne.
The game is expected to release on 4 April for PC and Mac. It will release in June for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible---Report
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks