Copa Del Rey Where to Watch Live: Valencia vs Atletico Madrid Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 7, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Atletico Madrid will look to take their La Liga form to the cup competitions as well when they travel to reinvigorated Valencia in the first leg of the last-16 of the Copa Del Rey.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 10 pm local time (2.30 am IST Wednesday morning) start with no live coverage in India. The match, however, can be live streamed online in the US HERE, while UK viewers can do the same HERE. Catch the action in the Middle East and North Africa via live streaming HERE.
Diego Simeone's men kept their chase for a La Liga title on course with a hard-fought 1-0 win over Malaga on Saturday, momentarily taking the sole position at the top, before Barcelona's victory pushed them to second.
"Against our rivals we are making a huge effort and work very well, like Levante and Elche we've had to do it again with Malaga," Simeone said after Koke's winner gave Atletico all three points. "Malaga tried to play their game, sitting back and looking to hit us on the counter.
"They defended well and we didn't create many chances. We tried to move the game in several ways. The match was won by the group. It was down to working hard and had it not been for the group, for the people who came, we would not have won."
Atletico will know they will be up against a more attack-minded side in Valencia, who began the Juan Antonio Pizzi era with a comfortable 2-0 win over Levante.
"Valencia have just changed their coach and that always generates a lot of enthusiasm," Simeone said. "People who had not played so much with the other coach start taking more confidence, security and more hope and that makes everything fresher. Valencia have a great team with great players.
"We give importance to all tournaments and friendly matches. The cup is very important to us and we'll go play with the team we understand can put in the right performance to get in front, it will be very difficult."
Simeone also had some kind words for his counterpart for Tuesday and fellow Argentine. "I have not seen many games to talk about how he's [Pizzi's] coaching here," Simeone added. "I've seen him in Argentina, I get the feeling that he is a brave coach.
"He comes from being champion in Argentina and that's a great achievement because it is a tough tournament and I wish him well as a colleague and as an Argentine."
Valencia looked quite good against Levante, with Pablo Piatti and Sofiane Feghouli, who were far from first choice under former manager Miroslav Djukic, getting the goals.
Pizzi will be fully aware his new side will need to put out an even stronger performance against Atletico, who have been one of the form teams in Spain this season.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop