Capital One Cup Semifinal Where to Watch Live: Sunderland vs Manchester United Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 7, 2014 8:41 PM EST
Two straight losses, and that decent unbeaten run seems like a distant memory for Manchester United. The fact that the two defeats - to Tottenham in the English Premier League and Swansea City in the FA Cup - came at Old Trafford, would be particularly jarring.
Where to Watch Live
The game is scheduled for a 7.45 pm GMT (1.15 am Wednesday morning IST) start with live coverage on Ten Action and Ten HD in India. The match will be telecast live on Sky Sports 1 in the UK, with the live streaming option HERE. Catch the action in the US live online HERE, while North Africa and Middle East viewers can go HERE. Viewers in Latin America can live stream the match HERE, while the same goes for Australia viewers HERE.
Therefore, David Moyes will be a little relieved to take his Manchester United side to an away fixture - against Sunderland in the Capital One Cup semifinal first leg.
United can really afford only one result at the Stadium of Light on Tuesday night -- a win -- and a convincing win at that to take to the second leg at Old Trafford in two weeks' time.
"It's a League Cup semifinal, if you can't lift yourself for that then it's no good. We have got a great opportunity, we are away to Sunderland and we've got to recover quickly and lift ourselves. That's a massive game now," United midfielder Darren Fletcher told MUTV while adding the club owed a win to the fans.
"They're really sticking by us and that's great to see -- we've got to repay that. When we got to the Stretford End there were a lot of fans clapping and singing for United. The players have got to see that and know that the fans are behind us and put performances in for them, the manager and the staff. It's got to happen sooner rather than later and there's not better occasion than the semi-final on Tuesday."
For Sunderland, it will be a chance to book a Wembley final, with Gus Poyet and co. no doubt sensing an opportunity against the lacking-in-confidence United side.
"We're at home and we know what we can do," said Sunderland defender Wes Brown, who spent 15 years with United. "We have to play well, and if we do that then definitely anything can happen in a cup game. We're looking forward to it.
"We need to be up for it and I'm sure we will be. We know what a good side Manchester United can be, but we have to do what we know we can. We've played a lot of big clubs at home and done well and have to take that into the game.
"We're at home first so we have to try and get something. It's a semifinal and we've come to win the game."
Team news: Sunderland: Poyet has been boosted by the return of defender John O'Shea with Brown, Valentin Roberge and Modibo Diakite also available. That leaves only goalkeeper Kieran Westwood and Carlos Cuellar ruled out for the semifinal tie. New signing Marcos Alonso could make his debut for the club on Tuesday.
"We've got practically the whole squad," Poyet said. "John is back, Wes is back from suspension and Diakite and Roberge have both recovered from the weekend.
John has been back but I felt he was just short a little bit the other day, plus the game itself wasn't the right one. Marcos is available so we have plenty of options."
Manchester United: The picture is not so rosy for Moyes, who again looks likely to have to do without strike pair Wayne Rooney and Robin Van Persie. Fabio is suspended, while Rio Ferdinand also looks ruled out after limping off in the Swansea game, with Phil Jones, Rafael, Marouane Fellaini, Nani and Ashley Young all missing Sunday's loss.
"It'll be great when we get them [injured players back]," Moyes told BT Sport after the 2-1 reverse. "The sooner we get them back the better. We'll get them back when they're ready but they're not ready yet."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Rafael Nadal Set To Overtake Roger Federer Grand Slam Haul By 2017
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports