‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 Post Mid-Season Finale Episodes Will be ‘Satisfying’
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 7, 2014 8:14 PM EST
Greg Nicotero, producer, director and special effects maestro, recently talked to Channel Guide Magazine about "The Walking Dead's" future and past. He talked at length about different things that happened in the show and what fans can expect.
After the mid-season finale episode of season 4, the characters no longer have the prison, and they are out on the road. Moreover, they are separated from each other.
"I feel like Episode 9 and onward really harkens back to the first season of The Walking Dead, because if you think about Season 2, they were on Hershel's farm," Greg continued. "In Season 3 and half of Season 4, they had the prison and Woodbury. So this is the first time that they're out in the world again. So it's the first time that we really get that sense of how big the world is and how unprotected people are in the wilderness," said Greg.
He confirmed that "The Walking Dead" season 4 episode 9 is the closest adaptation to the comic book that they have ever done.
Baby Judith's carrier was filled covered with blood and the sight devastated Rick and Carl Grimes. What is Judith's fate in "The Walking Dead?"
"When you see them leave the prison, Rick is barely alive - another 10 seconds and Rick would've been done. So him watching Hershel's death and being emotionally beaten down and physically beaten down and having bonded with Carl (Chandler Riggs) again, it's clear that when they walk up to the baby seat and there's blood splattered on it, there's a reason for them to react the way that they did," explained Greg.
"The Walking Dead" season 4 post-mid season finale episodes will feature storylines about different characters like Daryl Dixon, Carol, Tyreese, Lizzie and others.
"The beauty of Season 4, in my opinion, is that every single moment is there for a reason," he said. "Stuff that we shot in the first episode this year pays off later, and it's like each character has a beginning, a middle and an end. It's really satisfying. Scott Gimple has really steered our ship in the right direction. Scott knows what's going to happen in Season 5 already. He probably already knows what's going to happen in Season 6."
Certainly, "The Walking Dead" will be quite satisfying in the second half of season 4. Are you excited about the return?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped