Chelsea FC Transfer News: Doors Shut for Inter Milan Midfielder
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 7, 2014 8:10 PM EST
Serie A club Inter Milan has reiterated its stance on keeping Fredy Guarin despite desire from Premier League giants like Chelsea, Tottenham, and Manchester United to sign the midfielder.
Inter Milan shuts the possibility to sign midfielder Fredy Guarin
Chelsea have been the frontrunners to land the strong Colombian, holding formal talks with the Nerazzurri, but ultimately failed to bring things to fruition.
"Guarin is an Inter player and we are happy to keep him," Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio told The Express.
"Denying the contacts with Chelsea would be denying the evidence. It is a source of pride to talk with them about one of our players, but everything stopped there."
"We are happy Guarin could stay with us for a long time. We don't have the intention to sell him. He's an important player."
Meanwhile, Guarin, 27, admitted that Chelsea have indeed communicated with his current club, but revealed that he is content with the way things are going at the San Siro.
"I haven't spoken to Mourinho. My agent has done that," said Guarin.
"I hope that Inter are thinking about how much I really want to stay here."
"There is something going on, I can definitely not deny that."
"But now I focus only on Inter and to do well here, we'll see in the future."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Eurozone Indicators Forewarn Imminent Recession: Germany's Manufacturing Sector Slows