Microsoft’s Xbox One Sales Touch 3 Million in 2013
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 8:08 PM EST
Microsoft initially faced numerous problems with the launch of its next-generation video game console, Xbox One. The console garnered quite some controversy when it was publicly unveiled at E3 2013, because of its always online policies that had to be done away with due to pressure from the fans.
Xbox One sold over 3 million units in 2013.
After its release on 22 November, 2013, the console faced several technical issues and fixes were sent out at regular intervals. However, despite all these problems, the company has declared that it sold more than 3 million units in 13 countries before 2013 end.
The company in a blog post thanked all its fans and gamers and labeled 2013 as "an incredible year for gamers, entertainment fans, our industry and Xbox." It added that 2013 was "truly epic" for Xbox One.
"Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It's been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November," said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing, Strategy and Business at Xbox in the blogpost.
He also added that there has been a strong demand for Xbox One ever since the console was launched. He further says that fan's reactions bowled the team over and says they are inspiring for the team.
Regarding the question of Xbox One being an "all-in-one entertainment system," he said that people have watched "millions of hours of live TV" and enjoyed "millions of hours of app entertainment."
Mehdi promised that 2014 will be a hopeful year and outlined the games that will be releasing on Xbox One:
- Watch Dogs
- Project Spark
- Sunset Overdrive
- Tom Clancy's The Division
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
- The Elder Scrolls Online
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports
- Iphone 6 Release Date Fast -Approaching, Reuse and Recycle Program Now in Australia