Microsoft’s Xbox One Sales Touch 3 Million in 2013
By Aditya Bhat | January 7, 2014 8:08 PM EST
Microsoft initially faced numerous problems with the launch of its next-generation video game console, Xbox One. The console garnered quite some controversy when it was publicly unveiled at E3 2013, because of its always online policies that had to be done away with due to pressure from the fans.
Xbox One sold over 3 million units in 2013.
After its release on 22 November, 2013, the console faced several technical issues and fixes were sent out at regular intervals. However, despite all these problems, the company has declared that it sold more than 3 million units in 13 countries before 2013 end.
The company in a blog post thanked all its fans and gamers and labeled 2013 as "an incredible year for gamers, entertainment fans, our industry and Xbox." It added that 2013 was "truly epic" for Xbox One.
"Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It's been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November," said Yusuf Mehdi, corporate vice president of marketing, Strategy and Business at Xbox in the blogpost.
He also added that there has been a strong demand for Xbox One ever since the console was launched. He further says that fan's reactions bowled the team over and says they are inspiring for the team.
Regarding the question of Xbox One being an "all-in-one entertainment system," he said that people have watched "millions of hours of live TV" and enjoyed "millions of hours of app entertainment."
Mehdi promised that 2014 will be a hopeful year and outlined the games that will be releasing on Xbox One:
- Watch Dogs
- Project Spark
- Sunset Overdrive
- Tom Clancy's The Division
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare
- The Elder Scrolls Online
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28