2014 Honda City Diesel Enters India Market; Price and Variants Details
By greeshma m | January 7, 2014 7:55 PM EST
Japanese auto major Honda's big ticket item - the fourth generation City sedan has finally made its way into the burgeoning Indian market with a price tag of ₹7.42 lakh.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
City, the most desired car from Honda on Tuesday finally bid adieu to the speculations and the rumours around it since its global unveiling in November last year. The company launched the car in five trims in the domestic market-Honda City E, City S, City, SV, City V and City VX. This is the first time Honda is offering its City sedan in both petrol and diesel options in the country. Honda City diesel is going to be India's most fuel efficient car by offering a fabulous 26kmpl mileage.
The petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine, which churns out a power of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes with a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which is also used in the Honda Amaze. It is mated with a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm. The petrol model of City comes in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic, which is offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
The petrol variants of the City sedan is priced between ₹7.42 lakh and ₹10.98 lakh, while the diesel variant starts at ₹8.62 lakh and the top variant comes for ₹11.10 lakh.
Dealers across India have started accepting bookings for Honda. The delivery of the City petrol will commence from mid-February, while the diesel models will be available in the market immediately, said the company. According to Honda, the bookings have already crossed 9,000.
Price and Models
Honda City petrol
Petrol E MT: ₹7.42 lakh
Petrol S MT: ₹ 8.04 lakh
Petrol SV MT: ₹8.49 lakh
Petrol V MT: ₹8.99 lakh
Petrol VX MT: ₹9.93 lakh
Petrol V CVT: ₹9.49 lakh
Petrol VX CVT: ₹10.98 lakh
Honda City Diesel
Diesel E MT: ₹8.62 lakh
Diesel S MT: ₹9.24 lakh
Diesel SV MT: ₹9.66 lakh
Diesel V MT: ₹10.16 lakh
Diesel VX MT: ₹ 11.10 lakh
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy