Nexus 10 2 vs. Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8
By Vanessa Francisco | January 7, 2014 7:35 PM EST
The successor to the Nexus 10 is expected to be announced at the CES 2014 in Las Vegas; but as usual, these are all still speculations right now. Android fans are already waiting eagerly for Samsung to unveil the new Nexus 10 2. Meanwhile, the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 has been officially announced for the CES.
It could be difficult to choose a tablet between the Nexus 10 2 and Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8, knowing that only one of the two has already been announced at the CES, but we will still compare based on the ThinkPad's unveiled specs and the Nexus 10 2's educated speculations.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 specs sheet includes a 2.4 GHz Bay Trail Quad Core Intel Z3770 CPU, 8.3 inch display with full high definition 1920 x 1200 resolution that features a 10-finger multiple touchscreen, and Windows 8.1 Operating System with Microsoft Office. The tablet also comes with up to 128 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, 8 Megapixel high definition 1080p rear camera, and 2 Megapixel 1080p high definition front-facing camera.
Other notable features of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 include a Micro SIM slot, MicroUSB 3.0 connectivity, Micro HDMI, 3G and 4G LTE, and Wi-Fi capabilities. The Windows tablet with Microsoft Office will be available in store shelves by late January 2014 for $399.
The Nexus 10 2 still remains a rumour but it has been widely suggested that Samsung will be the manufacturer again and the 2014 Nexus 10 Edition is expected to bring about the top-of-the-line specs. However, none of these are official yet. CES 2014 is the largest consumer event of the year and fans can hope that Samsung will debut the new Nexus 10 2 by then. After a lot of fake rumours of its release date, fans are already discouraged, but there is still some hope left.
The rumours still continue to flood in but below are the most realistic ones that people could actually expect from the Nexus 10 2. Fans are hopeful that it will include a 10.1 inch Super AMOLED high definition display with 2560 x 1600 resolution and 299ppi.
Other Nexus 10 2 rumoured features include a Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 CPU or quad core NVIDIA Tegra 4, up to 32 GB built-in storage, Android 4.4 KitKat, 2 to 3 GB of RAM, 8 Megapixel rear camera and 2.1 front facing camera, 9500 mAh non-removable battery, and the plethora of connectivity options inlcuding microUSB, NFC, Dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People