Nexus 10 2 vs. Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8
By Vanessa Francisco | January 7, 2014 7:35 PM EST
The successor to the Nexus 10 is expected to be announced at the CES 2014 in Las Vegas; but as usual, these are all still speculations right now. Android fans are already waiting eagerly for Samsung to unveil the new Nexus 10 2. Meanwhile, the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 has been officially announced for the CES.
It could be difficult to choose a tablet between the Nexus 10 2 and Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8, knowing that only one of the two has already been announced at the CES, but we will still compare based on the ThinkPad's unveiled specs and the Nexus 10 2's educated speculations.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 specs sheet includes a 2.4 GHz Bay Trail Quad Core Intel Z3770 CPU, 8.3 inch display with full high definition 1920 x 1200 resolution that features a 10-finger multiple touchscreen, and Windows 8.1 Operating System with Microsoft Office. The tablet also comes with up to 128 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, 8 Megapixel high definition 1080p rear camera, and 2 Megapixel 1080p high definition front-facing camera.
Other notable features of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 include a Micro SIM slot, MicroUSB 3.0 connectivity, Micro HDMI, 3G and 4G LTE, and Wi-Fi capabilities. The Windows tablet with Microsoft Office will be available in store shelves by late January 2014 for $399.
The Nexus 10 2 still remains a rumour but it has been widely suggested that Samsung will be the manufacturer again and the 2014 Nexus 10 Edition is expected to bring about the top-of-the-line specs. However, none of these are official yet. CES 2014 is the largest consumer event of the year and fans can hope that Samsung will debut the new Nexus 10 2 by then. After a lot of fake rumours of its release date, fans are already discouraged, but there is still some hope left.
The rumours still continue to flood in but below are the most realistic ones that people could actually expect from the Nexus 10 2. Fans are hopeful that it will include a 10.1 inch Super AMOLED high definition display with 2560 x 1600 resolution and 299ppi.
Other Nexus 10 2 rumoured features include a Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 CPU or quad core NVIDIA Tegra 4, up to 32 GB built-in storage, Android 4.4 KitKat, 2 to 3 GB of RAM, 8 Megapixel rear camera and 2.1 front facing camera, 9500 mAh non-removable battery, and the plethora of connectivity options inlcuding microUSB, NFC, Dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate