Nexus 10 2 vs. Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8
By Vanessa Francisco | January 7, 2014 7:35 PM EST
The successor to the Nexus 10 is expected to be announced at the CES 2014 in Las Vegas; but as usual, these are all still speculations right now. Android fans are already waiting eagerly for Samsung to unveil the new Nexus 10 2. Meanwhile, the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 has been officially announced for the CES.
It could be difficult to choose a tablet between the Nexus 10 2 and Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8, knowing that only one of the two has already been announced at the CES, but we will still compare based on the ThinkPad's unveiled specs and the Nexus 10 2's educated speculations.
The Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 specs sheet includes a 2.4 GHz Bay Trail Quad Core Intel Z3770 CPU, 8.3 inch display with full high definition 1920 x 1200 resolution that features a 10-finger multiple touchscreen, and Windows 8.1 Operating System with Microsoft Office. The tablet also comes with up to 128 GB storage, 2 GB RAM, 8 Megapixel high definition 1080p rear camera, and 2 Megapixel 1080p high definition front-facing camera.
Other notable features of the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 include a Micro SIM slot, MicroUSB 3.0 connectivity, Micro HDMI, 3G and 4G LTE, and Wi-Fi capabilities. The Windows tablet with Microsoft Office will be available in store shelves by late January 2014 for $399.
The Nexus 10 2 still remains a rumour but it has been widely suggested that Samsung will be the manufacturer again and the 2014 Nexus 10 Edition is expected to bring about the top-of-the-line specs. However, none of these are official yet. CES 2014 is the largest consumer event of the year and fans can hope that Samsung will debut the new Nexus 10 2 by then. After a lot of fake rumours of its release date, fans are already discouraged, but there is still some hope left.
The rumours still continue to flood in but below are the most realistic ones that people could actually expect from the Nexus 10 2. Fans are hopeful that it will include a 10.1 inch Super AMOLED high definition display with 2560 x 1600 resolution and 299ppi.
Other Nexus 10 2 rumoured features include a Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 CPU or quad core NVIDIA Tegra 4, up to 32 GB built-in storage, Android 4.4 KitKat, 2 to 3 GB of RAM, 8 Megapixel rear camera and 2.1 front facing camera, 9500 mAh non-removable battery, and the plethora of connectivity options inlcuding microUSB, NFC, Dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. Nexus 5 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- iPhone 5 vs. LG G3 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Xbox One News: Possible 24-Hour Free Games, 5M Approved Units In China And Continuing Resolution Issues
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports