Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Heading to the Emirates?
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 7, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Premier League leaders Arsenal are continually rumoured to be interested in landing Bayern Munich prized striker Mario Mandzukic.
Arsenal are rumoured to be monitoring Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic for availability to move this month
The Croatian has featured regularly for the German club since outdoing former Bayern forward Mario Gomez. However, the imminent signing of Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund this coming summer may see his slot usurped in the near future.
Die Roten boss Pep Guardiola prefers to deploy only a single striker upfront, which could make it difficult for two world-class strikers in the same roster.
The Bundesliga giants have stated that the 27-year-old is staying at the Allianz Arena, but Arsenal, along with Manchester United, is closely keeping an eye on any developments on the attacker's availability.
The Croatian international has tallied a total of 12 goals in all competitions this season for Bayern and remains an efficient and effective scorer, thus far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS