Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Heading to the Emirates?
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 7, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Premier League leaders Arsenal are continually rumoured to be interested in landing Bayern Munich prized striker Mario Mandzukic.
Arsenal are rumoured to be monitoring Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic for availability to move this month
The Croatian has featured regularly for the German club since outdoing former Bayern forward Mario Gomez. However, the imminent signing of Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund this coming summer may see his slot usurped in the near future.
Die Roten boss Pep Guardiola prefers to deploy only a single striker upfront, which could make it difficult for two world-class strikers in the same roster.
The Bundesliga giants have stated that the 27-year-old is staying at the Allianz Arena, but Arsenal, along with Manchester United, is closely keeping an eye on any developments on the attacker's availability.
The Croatian international has tallied a total of 12 goals in all competitions this season for Bayern and remains an efficient and effective scorer, thus far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider