Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Heading to the Emirates?
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 7, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Premier League leaders Arsenal are continually rumoured to be interested in landing Bayern Munich prized striker Mario Mandzukic.
Arsenal are rumoured to be monitoring Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic for availability to move this month
The Croatian has featured regularly for the German club since outdoing former Bayern forward Mario Gomez. However, the imminent signing of Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund this coming summer may see his slot usurped in the near future.
Die Roten boss Pep Guardiola prefers to deploy only a single striker upfront, which could make it difficult for two world-class strikers in the same roster.
The Bundesliga giants have stated that the 27-year-old is staying at the Allianz Arena, but Arsenal, along with Manchester United, is closely keeping an eye on any developments on the attacker's availability.
The Croatian international has tallied a total of 12 goals in all competitions this season for Bayern and remains an efficient and effective scorer, thus far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia