Arsenal FC Transfer News: Bayern Striker Heading to the Emirates?
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 7, 2014 7:02 PM EST
Premier League leaders Arsenal are continually rumoured to be interested in landing Bayern Munich prized striker Mario Mandzukic.
Arsenal are rumoured to be monitoring Bayern striker Mario Mandzukic for availability to move this month
The Croatian has featured regularly for the German club since outdoing former Bayern forward Mario Gomez. However, the imminent signing of Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund this coming summer may see his slot usurped in the near future.
Die Roten boss Pep Guardiola prefers to deploy only a single striker upfront, which could make it difficult for two world-class strikers in the same roster.
The Bundesliga giants have stated that the 27-year-old is staying at the Allianz Arena, but Arsenal, along with Manchester United, is closely keeping an eye on any developments on the attacker's availability.
The Croatian international has tallied a total of 12 goals in all competitions this season for Bayern and remains an efficient and effective scorer, thus far.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- 2014 Davis Cup Final: Switzerland Vs. France - Roger Federer Vs. Gael Monfils Live Streaming Info and Preview
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- LA Lakers: Kobe Bryant Attributes Past Outburst Against Dwight Howard To 'Heat Of The Moment,' Doesn't Feel The Same Way As Durant Does
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies