Uday Kiran's Shocking Death: Advocate Blames 'Four' Big Tollywood Camps for Actor's Suicide
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 7, 2014 6:54 PM EST
The death of Telugu actor Uday Kiran has reportedly taken a legal turn after a lawyer filed a petition in State Human Rights Commission seeking a probe into the actor's passing. [Also Read: Police Quiz Uday Kiran's Wife and his Family Members over Actor's suicide]
Arun Kumar, a noted advocate in Andhra Pradesh High Court, has alleged that four big families belonging to two castes, who are ruling the Telugu film industry, sabotaged Kiran's career and abetted his suicide. In his petition, Arun Kumar has sought the State Human Rights Commission to direct the government to order an investigation in Kiran's suicide.
"After his engagement to Chiranjeevi's daughter was called off, the four big camps - Chiranjeevi family, Daggubati family, NTR family and Dil Raju camp - kept him out of work using their powers. He was not allowed to grow in the industry. We demand strong actions against these four camps," the Deccan Chronicle quoted Kumar.
However, the State Human Rights Commission officials have asked Arun Kumar to approach the police.
Kiran was engaged to Chiranjeevi's daughter in 2003. However, the proposed marriage was cancelled, though the reasons were not revealed. Buzz was that Chiranjeevi called off the marriage after a woman sent a message to Pawan Kalyan (Chiranjeevi's brother) claiming that she was in a relationship with Kiran, reported Mumbai Mirror.
After the incident, Kiran had been reportedly sidelined by the Telugu film industry. The actor, who was once crowned as the youth heartthrob, was not getting enough offers. In a career spanning for over 10 years, Kiran had acted in 19 films with his last film being "Jai Sriram", which released in April 2013.
According to reports, Kiran was unemployed for over a year and this resulted in financial crisis for the actor. He was also reportedly depressed for not getting film roles. Tenants at his flat have revealed that the actor did not step out of his house for over three months.
Meanwhile, a group of members representing Vaidiki Brahmins (the community to which Kiran belongs to) has alleged that a majority of big Telugu heroes who belong to Kamma and Kapu castes do not allow heroes from other castes to grow in the industry.
Uday Kiran Hangs Self
Fans of Uday Kiran and the Tollywood film industry woke up to sad news of the actor's death on Monday.
Kiran committed suicide in his flat at Srinagar colony, Punjagutta in Hyderabad on Sunday night. According to preliminary reports, Kiran was alone at his home on Sunday night while his wife Vishita had gone to Manikonda to attend a family function. She received a last message from her husband stating, "I love you too."
When Vishita called her husband on his mobile phone, he did not respond. She grew suspicious of him and immediately left for home only to find out Kiran hanging from a ceiling at the gym in his residence. Her scream awoke the neighbours and with their help, Vishita took her husband to a private hospital in Banjara Hills, where doctors declared him brought dead.
An autopsy was conducted on Kiran's body at Osmania General Hospital, after which it was shifted to the mortuary at Nizam's Institute of Medical Sciences (NIMS). A drama unfolded at the mortuary as the actor's body remained unclaimed for several hours after post-mortem.
Kiran's father-in-law left the hospital without talking to anybody, while his father did not come to claim his body. According to reports, Kiran and his father were not in talking terms for over 6 years. Later in the evening, Kiran's sister, who lives in Muscat, arrived to claim the body after which it was taken to his residence.
Kiran's body to be cremated
Kiran's body was shifted to the AP Film Chamber of Commerce office today (Tuesday) morning for fans to pay their last respects. The actor's last rights will be performed later in the evening at the Erragadda cremation grounds.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko