Rupee Stays Marginally Weaker; Weak Shares Hurt
January 7, 2014 6:36 PM EST
The rupee continues to trade marginally weaker at 62.37/38 versus its close of 62.31/32 on Monday, with weakness in the domestic share market hurting. The BSE Sensexis down 0.55 percent and will be watched for cues on foreign fund flows.
A private money trader counts rupee notes at a shop in Mumbai August 1, 2013.
The next key trigger for markets is likely to be the December inflation data due to be released next week, which will be key in helping market participants firm up views about the central bank's monetary policy review on January 28.
The Indonesian rupiah led declines among emerging Asian currencies on Tuesday with South Korea's won hitting a near two-month low as the dollar broadly gained despite disappointing U.S. data.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- West Africa Ebola Epidemic To Last 12-18 Months More
- Ebola Update: Death Toll Reaches 2,461; US$1B Is Needed To Fight It, Says UN
- BC Teachers’ Strike Reaches Tentative Deal With Government, Date of Class Resumptions Still Not Sure
- Security for Pope Francis' Albania Trip At Status Quo, Won’t Be Reinforced Despite ISIS Threat – Vatican
- Air France Pilots’ Strike: Only 40% of Scheduled Wednesday Flights Will Operate
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet