Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1 And 8.4 Leak Online
By Vanessa Francisco | January 7, 2014 6:35 PM EST
The Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 has been speculated for a couple of weeks now. It appears that Samsung is on the edge of announcing the tablet at CES 2014 in Las Vegas Jan. 7. Before the keynote presentation, evleaks, a reputable device leaker, has already released a press photo of the Note Pro 12.2.
The oversized tablet is reported to have a 12.2-inch 1560 x 1600 pixel IPS display, 3 GB of RAM, 2.3 GHz Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 processor with Adreno 330 GPU, an 8 Megapixel rear camera capturing 1080p high definition video, a 2.1 Megapixel front facing camera for video calling (and selfies), Wi-Fi (802.11 ac), Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, IR Blaster and S-Pen feature. To add to this, the Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 is also expected to run the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat with the latest version of TouchWiz.
There's also a trio of fresh Galaxy Tab Pro tablets that will be announced at the CES in 2014. According to speculations, there will be cheaper "Pro" versions with display sizes of 12.2 inches, 10.1 inches and 8.4 inches available. The 8.4-inch model looks to rival the likes of the iPad Mini and the LG G Pad 8.3. Samsung seems to give these tablets the same faux-leather treatment that's found on the Galaxy Note 3. There is no word on the release dates and prices yet.
The tablets are regular Galaxy Tab models and these do not offer the S Pen feature that matches the Note Pro models that will come with it. The 12.2-inch variant comes with a 16:10 aspect LCD display that gives a 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution. That is 247 ppi.
Sitting at the center is a 2.3 GHz Qualcomm SnapDragon 800 chipset that offers 4G LTE connectivity or a 3G variant with a Samsung Exynos 5 Octa chipset. The buyer gets a choice of 32 and 64 GB of internal storage to add to the microSD card slot that supports up to 64 GB cards. It has a 9500 mAh battery in the Tab 12.2 and this should give plenty of life.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2 measures 295.6 mm x 204 mm x 7.95 mm and weighs 732 grams (with WiFi) or 740 grams (with LTE) which can be pretty heavy to hold with one hand. The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 offers similar hardware with the same 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution display but small so that results in a 298 ppi pixel density.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 will have a pixel density of 359 ppi with the same hardware as the 10.1 with 2 GB RAM and 16 or 32 GB of internal storage and microSD. The batt drops to 4800 mAh because of its smaller frame.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- ‘Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney' For Nintendo 3DS Released On Aug. 29, 2014 In North America [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine