Audi‘s RS 7 Sportback Launched in India at ₹1.28 crore; Salman Khan Drives First Car Home [PHOTOS]
By greeshma m | January 7, 2014 6:11 PM EST
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has introduced its five-door coupé RS 7 Sportback in India with a price tag of ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Audi, the car manufacturer who crossed the milestone sales figure of 10,000 in the year 2013, hopes to continue the pace in the domestic market with the launch of the new car. The RS 7 Sportback which is said to be the Audi's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood, and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km.
"After the overwhelming response to our Audi RS 5, which further boosted our leadership in the luxury sports car segment, we are confident the new Audi RS 7 Sportback with its aesthetic design and impressive sportiness would establish new benchmarks in the performance sports car segment," PTI quoted Audi India headJoe King.
The company has sold 10,002 vehicles in 2013, registering an 11 per cent growth from 9,003 units sold during the corresponding period last year. The company sold the first RS 7 Sportback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan. He said that the Audi is common man's car too.
"This is the common man's car too ... common man who wants to be uncommon," Salman told reporters .When asked who would he like to gift the new model of Audi to, Salman said: "Let's see who deserves it. May be to somebody who actually looks good in it ... it would be Katrina (Kaif). I would not like to gift her though. Let somebody else gift it to her."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Down Under – Meet The First People To Have The Newest iPhones
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best