Audi‘s RS 7 Sportback Launched in India at ₹1.28 crore; Salman Khan Drives First Car Home [PHOTOS]
By greeshma m | January 7, 2014 6:11 PM EST
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has introduced its five-door coupé RS 7 Sportback in India with a price tag of ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Audi, the car manufacturer who crossed the milestone sales figure of 10,000 in the year 2013, hopes to continue the pace in the domestic market with the launch of the new car. The RS 7 Sportback which is said to be the Audi's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood, and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km.
"After the overwhelming response to our Audi RS 5, which further boosted our leadership in the luxury sports car segment, we are confident the new Audi RS 7 Sportback with its aesthetic design and impressive sportiness would establish new benchmarks in the performance sports car segment," PTI quoted Audi India headJoe King.
The company has sold 10,002 vehicles in 2013, registering an 11 per cent growth from 9,003 units sold during the corresponding period last year. The company sold the first RS 7 Sportback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan. He said that the Audi is common man's car too.
"This is the common man's car too ... common man who wants to be uncommon," Salman told reporters .When asked who would he like to gift the new model of Audi to, Salman said: "Let's see who deserves it. May be to somebody who actually looks good in it ... it would be Katrina (Kaif). I would not like to gift her though. Let somebody else gift it to her."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia