Audi‘s RS 7 Sportback Launched in India at ₹1.28 crore; Salman Khan Drives First Car Home [PHOTOS]
By greeshma m | January 7, 2014 6:11 PM EST
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has introduced its five-door coupé RS 7 Sportback in India with a price tag of ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Audi, the car manufacturer who crossed the milestone sales figure of 10,000 in the year 2013, hopes to continue the pace in the domestic market with the launch of the new car. The RS 7 Sportback which is said to be the Audi's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood, and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km.
"After the overwhelming response to our Audi RS 5, which further boosted our leadership in the luxury sports car segment, we are confident the new Audi RS 7 Sportback with its aesthetic design and impressive sportiness would establish new benchmarks in the performance sports car segment," PTI quoted Audi India headJoe King.
The company has sold 10,002 vehicles in 2013, registering an 11 per cent growth from 9,003 units sold during the corresponding period last year. The company sold the first RS 7 Sportback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan. He said that the Audi is common man's car too.
"This is the common man's car too ... common man who wants to be uncommon," Salman told reporters .When asked who would he like to gift the new model of Audi to, Salman said: "Let's see who deserves it. May be to somebody who actually looks good in it ... it would be Katrina (Kaif). I would not like to gift her though. Let somebody else gift it to her."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- New Malaysia Airlines Caught in Adelaide Airport Latest Scare
- Toyota Tops World Sales of Cars, Sells Over 5K Million Vehicles in First Half of 2014
- Formula 1 Chief Sues Google over Sex Party Pictures
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools