Audi‘s RS 7 Sportback Launched in India at ₹1.28 crore; Salman Khan Drives First Car Home [PHOTOS]
By greeshma m | January 7, 2014 6:11 PM EST
German luxury car manufacturer Audi has introduced its five-door coupé RS 7 Sportback in India with a price tag of ₹1.28 crore (ex-showroom, Mumbai).
Audi, the car manufacturer who crossed the milestone sales figure of 10,000 in the year 2013, hopes to continue the pace in the domestic market with the launch of the new car. The RS 7 Sportback which is said to be the Audi's most powerful offering in India comes with biturbo V8 engine under the hood, and the car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km in 3.9 seconds and generate a top speed of 305 km.
"After the overwhelming response to our Audi RS 5, which further boosted our leadership in the luxury sports car segment, we are confident the new Audi RS 7 Sportback with its aesthetic design and impressive sportiness would establish new benchmarks in the performance sports car segment," PTI quoted Audi India headJoe King.
The company has sold 10,002 vehicles in 2013, registering an 11 per cent growth from 9,003 units sold during the corresponding period last year. The company sold the first RS 7 Sportback to Bollywood actor Salman Khan. He said that the Audi is common man's car too.
"This is the common man's car too ... common man who wants to be uncommon," Salman told reporters .When asked who would he like to gift the new model of Audi to, Salman said: "Let's see who deserves it. May be to somebody who actually looks good in it ... it would be Katrina (Kaif). I would not like to gift her though. Let somebody else gift it to her."
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown