BSE Sensex Extends Retreat; Foreign Investors Sell
January 7, 2014 5:55 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is down 0.4 percent, while the Nifty falls 0.45 percent, extending their retreat in 2014 for a fifth consecutive day.
An employee walks out of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai August 22, 2013.
Shares of blue chips fall after overseas investors sold 3.96 billion rupees worth of index futures on Monday, adding to Friday's selling of 6.08 billion rupees, exchange data shows.
Overseas investors also sold cash shares worth 3.19 billion rupees on Monday. They sold 1.39 billion rupees of shares in the previous session, regulatory and exchange data shows.
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best