BSE Sensex Extends Retreat; Foreign Investors Sell
January 7, 2014 5:55 PM EST
The BSE Sensex is down 0.4 percent, while the Nifty falls 0.45 percent, extending their retreat in 2014 for a fifth consecutive day.
An employee walks out of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) building in Mumbai August 22, 2013.
Shares of blue chips fall after overseas investors sold 3.96 billion rupees worth of index futures on Monday, adding to Friday's selling of 6.08 billion rupees, exchange data shows.
Overseas investors also sold cash shares worth 3.19 billion rupees on Monday. They sold 1.39 billion rupees of shares in the previous session, regulatory and exchange data shows.
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones