Michelle Obama and Oprah Hang Out at the TV Host’s Mansion in Maui Without President Barack Obama
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 5:43 PM EST
First Lady Michelle Obama has reportedly visited Oprah in her mansion in Maui, Hawaii.
Oprah's Maui property is really close to her. She already has a big house in Santa Barbara, and her Maui home is something real and personal. "It's a great house for her and two or three friends," said Oprah's Hawaiian decorator Ellie. Oprah wouldn't certainly mind offering her house to her close friends, more over to the wife of the president.
According to the report of Huffington Post, Maui resident Paul Meyer's told The Maui News that his routine bicycle ride near Oprah's property was interrupted by fences and blockades of cops and law enforcement officers. Meyer saw police officers who told him that the road is going to be closed for the next week.
"I asked if Michelle Obama is in town, and the policemen just nodded," said Meyer.
Neither the White House nor the First Lady's office confirmed if Michelle is spending time with Oprah. However, the popular entertainment gossip Web site TMZ published another similar story, stating that Michelle is indeed in Oprah's luxurious manor and that the TV host will be joining her.
"Sources tell us security on the island is airtight," TMZ reported. "With SWAT teams and just about every other resource securing the wide perimeters around Michelle," TMZ added.
Michelle has been vacationing with President Barack and their two daughters, Sasha and Malia, for two weeks now. The president and their two daughters have returned to Washington, but Michelle asked to be left behind. Michelle wants to have some time alone, and the president was compassionate enough to give her what she desires.
"As part of her birthday gift from the president, the first lady will remain in Hawaii to spend time with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday," the White House stated in an announcement.
The exact date when Michelle will return to the White House has not been revealed, but it will surely be in time for her big birthday bash at the White House. Oprah will probably be invited along with other high-profile celebrities in the society. Michelle is turning 50 on Jan 17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists