Michelle Obama and Oprah Hang Out at the TV Host’s Mansion in Maui Without President Barack Obama
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 5:43 PM EST
First Lady Michelle Obama has reportedly visited Oprah in her mansion in Maui, Hawaii.
Oprah's Maui property is really close to her. She already has a big house in Santa Barbara, and her Maui home is something real and personal. "It's a great house for her and two or three friends," said Oprah's Hawaiian decorator Ellie. Oprah wouldn't certainly mind offering her house to her close friends, more over to the wife of the president.
According to the report of Huffington Post, Maui resident Paul Meyer's told The Maui News that his routine bicycle ride near Oprah's property was interrupted by fences and blockades of cops and law enforcement officers. Meyer saw police officers who told him that the road is going to be closed for the next week.
"I asked if Michelle Obama is in town, and the policemen just nodded," said Meyer.
Neither the White House nor the First Lady's office confirmed if Michelle is spending time with Oprah. However, the popular entertainment gossip Web site TMZ published another similar story, stating that Michelle is indeed in Oprah's luxurious manor and that the TV host will be joining her.
"Sources tell us security on the island is airtight," TMZ reported. "With SWAT teams and just about every other resource securing the wide perimeters around Michelle," TMZ added.
Michelle has been vacationing with President Barack and their two daughters, Sasha and Malia, for two weeks now. The president and their two daughters have returned to Washington, but Michelle asked to be left behind. Michelle wants to have some time alone, and the president was compassionate enough to give her what she desires.
"As part of her birthday gift from the president, the first lady will remain in Hawaii to spend time with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday," the White House stated in an announcement.
The exact date when Michelle will return to the White House has not been revealed, but it will surely be in time for her big birthday bash at the White House. Oprah will probably be invited along with other high-profile celebrities in the society. Michelle is turning 50 on Jan 17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related