Michelle Obama and Oprah Hang Out at the TV Host’s Mansion in Maui Without President Barack Obama
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 5:43 PM EST
First Lady Michelle Obama has reportedly visited Oprah in her mansion in Maui, Hawaii.
Oprah's Maui property is really close to her. She already has a big house in Santa Barbara, and her Maui home is something real and personal. "It's a great house for her and two or three friends," said Oprah's Hawaiian decorator Ellie. Oprah wouldn't certainly mind offering her house to her close friends, more over to the wife of the president.
According to the report of Huffington Post, Maui resident Paul Meyer's told The Maui News that his routine bicycle ride near Oprah's property was interrupted by fences and blockades of cops and law enforcement officers. Meyer saw police officers who told him that the road is going to be closed for the next week.
"I asked if Michelle Obama is in town, and the policemen just nodded," said Meyer.
Neither the White House nor the First Lady's office confirmed if Michelle is spending time with Oprah. However, the popular entertainment gossip Web site TMZ published another similar story, stating that Michelle is indeed in Oprah's luxurious manor and that the TV host will be joining her.
"Sources tell us security on the island is airtight," TMZ reported. "With SWAT teams and just about every other resource securing the wide perimeters around Michelle," TMZ added.
Michelle has been vacationing with President Barack and their two daughters, Sasha and Malia, for two weeks now. The president and their two daughters have returned to Washington, but Michelle asked to be left behind. Michelle wants to have some time alone, and the president was compassionate enough to give her what she desires.
"As part of her birthday gift from the president, the first lady will remain in Hawaii to spend time with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday," the White House stated in an announcement.
The exact date when Michelle will return to the White House has not been revealed, but it will surely be in time for her big birthday bash at the White House. Oprah will probably be invited along with other high-profile celebrities in the society. Michelle is turning 50 on Jan 17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff