Michelle Obama and Oprah Hang Out at the TV Host’s Mansion in Maui Without President Barack Obama
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 5:43 PM EST
First Lady Michelle Obama has reportedly visited Oprah in her mansion in Maui, Hawaii.
Oprah's Maui property is really close to her. She already has a big house in Santa Barbara, and her Maui home is something real and personal. "It's a great house for her and two or three friends," said Oprah's Hawaiian decorator Ellie. Oprah wouldn't certainly mind offering her house to her close friends, more over to the wife of the president.
According to the report of Huffington Post, Maui resident Paul Meyer's told The Maui News that his routine bicycle ride near Oprah's property was interrupted by fences and blockades of cops and law enforcement officers. Meyer saw police officers who told him that the road is going to be closed for the next week.
"I asked if Michelle Obama is in town, and the policemen just nodded," said Meyer.
Neither the White House nor the First Lady's office confirmed if Michelle is spending time with Oprah. However, the popular entertainment gossip Web site TMZ published another similar story, stating that Michelle is indeed in Oprah's luxurious manor and that the TV host will be joining her.
"Sources tell us security on the island is airtight," TMZ reported. "With SWAT teams and just about every other resource securing the wide perimeters around Michelle," TMZ added.
Michelle has been vacationing with President Barack and their two daughters, Sasha and Malia, for two weeks now. The president and their two daughters have returned to Washington, but Michelle asked to be left behind. Michelle wants to have some time alone, and the president was compassionate enough to give her what she desires.
"As part of her birthday gift from the president, the first lady will remain in Hawaii to spend time with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday," the White House stated in an announcement.
The exact date when Michelle will return to the White House has not been revealed, but it will surely be in time for her big birthday bash at the White House. Oprah will probably be invited along with other high-profile celebrities in the society. Michelle is turning 50 on Jan 17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes