Michelle Obama and Oprah Hang Out at the TV Host’s Mansion in Maui Without President Barack Obama
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 5:43 PM EST
First Lady Michelle Obama has reportedly visited Oprah in her mansion in Maui, Hawaii.
Oprah's Maui property is really close to her. She already has a big house in Santa Barbara, and her Maui home is something real and personal. "It's a great house for her and two or three friends," said Oprah's Hawaiian decorator Ellie. Oprah wouldn't certainly mind offering her house to her close friends, more over to the wife of the president.
According to the report of Huffington Post, Maui resident Paul Meyer's told The Maui News that his routine bicycle ride near Oprah's property was interrupted by fences and blockades of cops and law enforcement officers. Meyer saw police officers who told him that the road is going to be closed for the next week.
"I asked if Michelle Obama is in town, and the policemen just nodded," said Meyer.
Neither the White House nor the First Lady's office confirmed if Michelle is spending time with Oprah. However, the popular entertainment gossip Web site TMZ published another similar story, stating that Michelle is indeed in Oprah's luxurious manor and that the TV host will be joining her.
"Sources tell us security on the island is airtight," TMZ reported. "With SWAT teams and just about every other resource securing the wide perimeters around Michelle," TMZ added.
Michelle has been vacationing with President Barack and their two daughters, Sasha and Malia, for two weeks now. The president and their two daughters have returned to Washington, but Michelle asked to be left behind. Michelle wants to have some time alone, and the president was compassionate enough to give her what she desires.
"As part of her birthday gift from the president, the first lady will remain in Hawaii to spend time with friends ahead of her upcoming 50th birthday," the White House stated in an announcement.
The exact date when Michelle will return to the White House has not been revealed, but it will surely be in time for her big birthday bash at the White House. Oprah will probably be invited along with other high-profile celebrities in the society. Michelle is turning 50 on Jan 17.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia