Stinking Surprise: Turd Cake Sent by Angry Kiwi Baker to Customer's Party Shocks Guests
By Reissa Su | January 7, 2014 5:27 PM EST
An angry baker in New Zealand sent a poo-shaped cake to a customer with the message "Eat sh*t." The customer was shocked and of course, not happy with the cake.
Emma McDonald, the baker who created the poo cake "masterpiece" has refused to apologise to the 24-year-old customer Micaela Harris. A relative of Ms Harris had placed an order with Oh Cakes, a business run by the Kiwi baker, for an engagement cake.
However, due to the negative behaviour of the customer, Ms McDonald decided to vent her frustration by creating a cake shaped like a turd. She sent the poo cake on Dec. 20 along with an"eat sh*t" message stuck on top like a flag.
A text from the one who ordered the cake read that they saw the cake at the engagement party and were "absolutely disgusted". The poo cake may have made a "stinking" impression at a party with almost a hundred guests in attendace.
According to the Herald, the customer was annoyed at Ms Mcdonald for rescheduling a meeting. On the other side of the argument, Ms McDonald said the client had not given enough details about the cake's requirements.
Ms McDonald's post on Facebook read: "Give me some ideas?? Oh wait you have none apart from wanting chocolate. I have a brilliant idea for your cake!!! - so here it is, your turd cake! Hope you learn your lesson."
Upon sending the cake, the baker from New Zealand had no remorse for her actions. Ms McDonald believes the customer had gotten "what she deserved".
The poo cake incident has even reached Mayor Tim Shadbolt of Invercargill, New Zealand. He thus expressed disappointment and remarked the cake must have been done with humour in mind but turned out to be "terribly wrong."
After receiving scathing remarks and criticisms on her Facebook post, Ms McDonald explained she was giving away cakes and clothes to the less fortunate. She said she only gave someone a piece of her mind and people think badly of it.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Six English Words Which Originated From Arabic
- ISIS Educates Young Children in 'School of Jihad,' Deploys Them in Active Combat After Graduation [VIDEO]
- Robots May Be Used to Fight Ebola in West Africa; Australian PM Admits US, UK Asked For Medical Teams
- Decades-Long Mystery of Oklahoma Lake Solved, Missing Six Bodies Identified
- Belgium Chocolate Maker ISIS Forced To Change Brand Name To Escape Customer Fury
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS