Director Michael Bay Walks Off CES Stage after Teleprompter Glitch [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Michael Bay, the directorial mastermind behind the action series "Transformers" had an embarrassing moment at the global Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Monday, Jan. 06, 2014.
American film director Michael Bay was attacked in Hong Kong while filming on the set of his latest Transformers movie. (Reuters)
Bay was there to promote Samsung's 105-inch curved UHD TV. Although it started off smooth, the teleprompter that was feeding Bay the lines, malfunctioned and messed it up for the director.
"The Rock" director got uncomfortable and visibly struggled to finish his lines. At one point, he apologized to the crowd saying:
"The type is all off, sorry. But I'm just gonna wing this"
He fumbled a little more before a complete silence took over him. The host tried to put some words in his mouth but Bay was so shaken that he just walked off the stage, apologizing.
The Event was being live streamed on YouTube and the video of Bay's embarrassment went viral on the internet. Check it out below:
Following the incident, Bay wrote on his blog:
"Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES - I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down - then I walked off. I guess live shows aren't my thing."
He didn't forget to do his part of the promotion on the blog though.
"But I'm doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world."
While some are absolutely embarrassed for Bay, many are sniggering. Poor Bay!
However, this is not the first 'crazy celebrity moment' to have gone down in history. CES has seen a lot of celeb shenanigans before, which includes Tom Hank's sarcastic standup on Sony at the CES 2009 and Lady Gaga's minimal pep talk for Android at the CES 2010. Techcrunch has compiled a list of the celebrity 'WTF' moments at CES.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More