Director Michael Bay Walks Off CES Stage after Teleprompter Glitch [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Michael Bay, the directorial mastermind behind the action series "Transformers" had an embarrassing moment at the global Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Monday, Jan. 06, 2014.
American film director Michael Bay was attacked in Hong Kong while filming on the set of his latest Transformers movie. (Reuters)
Bay was there to promote Samsung's 105-inch curved UHD TV. Although it started off smooth, the teleprompter that was feeding Bay the lines, malfunctioned and messed it up for the director.
"The Rock" director got uncomfortable and visibly struggled to finish his lines. At one point, he apologized to the crowd saying:
"The type is all off, sorry. But I'm just gonna wing this"
He fumbled a little more before a complete silence took over him. The host tried to put some words in his mouth but Bay was so shaken that he just walked off the stage, apologizing.
The Event was being live streamed on YouTube and the video of Bay's embarrassment went viral on the internet. Check it out below:
Following the incident, Bay wrote on his blog:
"Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES - I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down - then I walked off. I guess live shows aren't my thing."
He didn't forget to do his part of the promotion on the blog though.
"But I'm doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world."
While some are absolutely embarrassed for Bay, many are sniggering. Poor Bay!
However, this is not the first 'crazy celebrity moment' to have gone down in history. CES has seen a lot of celeb shenanigans before, which includes Tom Hank's sarcastic standup on Sony at the CES 2009 and Lady Gaga's minimal pep talk for Android at the CES 2010. Techcrunch has compiled a list of the celebrity 'WTF' moments at CES.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Destiny' Third Subclass Weapon Upgrades: Super And Grenade Modifications Leaked [Video]
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Sony Xperia Z3: Features On New Nexus To Match Latest Sony Phone
- Motorola Nexus 6 v HTC One M8, One M7: Reasons How New Nexus Can Match HTC Flagship Phones
- Motorola Nexus 6 vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Practical Reasons Why Choose Latest Nexus Smartphone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand