Director Michael Bay Walks Off CES Stage after Teleprompter Glitch [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Michael Bay, the directorial mastermind behind the action series "Transformers" had an embarrassing moment at the global Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Monday, Jan. 06, 2014.
American film director Michael Bay was attacked in Hong Kong while filming on the set of his latest Transformers movie. (Reuters)
Bay was there to promote Samsung's 105-inch curved UHD TV. Although it started off smooth, the teleprompter that was feeding Bay the lines, malfunctioned and messed it up for the director.
"The Rock" director got uncomfortable and visibly struggled to finish his lines. At one point, he apologized to the crowd saying:
"The type is all off, sorry. But I'm just gonna wing this"
He fumbled a little more before a complete silence took over him. The host tried to put some words in his mouth but Bay was so shaken that he just walked off the stage, apologizing.
The Event was being live streamed on YouTube and the video of Bay's embarrassment went viral on the internet. Check it out below:
Following the incident, Bay wrote on his blog:
"Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES - I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down - then I walked off. I guess live shows aren't my thing."
He didn't forget to do his part of the promotion on the blog though.
"But I'm doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world."
While some are absolutely embarrassed for Bay, many are sniggering. Poor Bay!
However, this is not the first 'crazy celebrity moment' to have gone down in history. CES has seen a lot of celeb shenanigans before, which includes Tom Hank's sarcastic standup on Sony at the CES 2009 and Lady Gaga's minimal pep talk for Android at the CES 2010. Techcrunch has compiled a list of the celebrity 'WTF' moments at CES.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Android 5.0 L Update Forecast For Sony Xperia Z Series, Mid-Range and Low-Cost Devices
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Dragon Age Keep Save Import and Multiplayer Mode Explained
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million