Director Michael Bay Walks Off CES Stage after Teleprompter Glitch [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Michael Bay, the directorial mastermind behind the action series "Transformers" had an embarrassing moment at the global Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Monday, Jan. 06, 2014.
American film director Michael Bay was attacked in Hong Kong while filming on the set of his latest Transformers movie. (Reuters)
Bay was there to promote Samsung's 105-inch curved UHD TV. Although it started off smooth, the teleprompter that was feeding Bay the lines, malfunctioned and messed it up for the director.
"The Rock" director got uncomfortable and visibly struggled to finish his lines. At one point, he apologized to the crowd saying:
"The type is all off, sorry. But I'm just gonna wing this"
He fumbled a little more before a complete silence took over him. The host tried to put some words in his mouth but Bay was so shaken that he just walked off the stage, apologizing.
The Event was being live streamed on YouTube and the video of Bay's embarrassment went viral on the internet. Check it out below:
Following the incident, Bay wrote on his blog:
"Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES - I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down - then I walked off. I guess live shows aren't my thing."
He didn't forget to do his part of the promotion on the blog though.
"But I'm doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world."
While some are absolutely embarrassed for Bay, many are sniggering. Poor Bay!
However, this is not the first 'crazy celebrity moment' to have gone down in history. CES has seen a lot of celeb shenanigans before, which includes Tom Hank's sarcastic standup on Sony at the CES 2009 and Lady Gaga's minimal pep talk for Android at the CES 2010. Techcrunch has compiled a list of the celebrity 'WTF' moments at CES.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions