Director Michael Bay Walks Off CES Stage after Teleprompter Glitch [VIDEO]
By rapti gupta | January 7, 2014 5:21 PM EST
Michael Bay, the directorial mastermind behind the action series "Transformers" had an embarrassing moment at the global Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, Monday, Jan. 06, 2014.
American film director Michael Bay was attacked in Hong Kong while filming on the set of his latest Transformers movie. (Reuters)
Bay was there to promote Samsung's 105-inch curved UHD TV. Although it started off smooth, the teleprompter that was feeding Bay the lines, malfunctioned and messed it up for the director.
"The Rock" director got uncomfortable and visibly struggled to finish his lines. At one point, he apologized to the crowd saying:
"The type is all off, sorry. But I'm just gonna wing this"
He fumbled a little more before a complete silence took over him. The host tried to put some words in his mouth but Bay was so shaken that he just walked off the stage, apologizing.
The Event was being live streamed on YouTube and the video of Bay's embarrassment went viral on the internet. Check it out below:
Following the incident, Bay wrote on his blog:
"Wow! I just embarrassed myself at CES - I was about to speak for Samsung for this awesome Curved 105-inch UHD TV. I rarely lend my name to any products, but this one is just stellar. I got so excited to talk, that I skipped over the Exec VP's intro line and then the teleprompter got lost. Then the prompter went up and down - then I walked off. I guess live shows aren't my thing."
He didn't forget to do his part of the promotion on the blog though.
"But I'm doing a special curved screen experience with Samsung and Transformers 4 footage that will be traveling around the world."
While some are absolutely embarrassed for Bay, many are sniggering. Poor Bay!
However, this is not the first 'crazy celebrity moment' to have gone down in history. CES has seen a lot of celeb shenanigans before, which includes Tom Hank's sarcastic standup on Sony at the CES 2009 and Lady Gaga's minimal pep talk for Android at the CES 2010. Techcrunch has compiled a list of the celebrity 'WTF' moments at CES.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best