Liverpool FC News: Reds Striker set to Return on Sunday Against Stoke
By Mark Wayne Eubank | January 7, 2014 5:05 PM EST
Liverpool FC striker Daniel Sturridge could make his Premier League return on Sunday against Stoke City after going down with an ankle injury on November 29.
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge is set to make his awaited comeback against Stoke City on Sunday
The England international, who passed fitness test on Monday, is about to make an early comeback after initially being ruled out for about two months, thanks to the splendid job by the club's physio and medical team.
He is in time to help the Liverpool make a needed mid-season push to challenge for the Premier League title as they, currently, occupy fourth place on the table, only 6 points behind leaders Arsenal.
Liverpool has failed to qualify for any European tournament this season, but Reds midfielder Jordan Henderson sees it as a blessing in disguise.
"That possibly may be one of the factors in our improved league form," Henderson told the Daily Mail.
"I know when you've got a game on a Thursday and another at the weekend, mentally it can be tough and physically it's demanding as well, when you have to travel long distances abroad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date