Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Top Celebrity Guests At The Australian Open
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 4:59 PM EST
Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie going to grace the Australian Open with their presence? The Hollywood power couple have reportedly been invited to watch the international tennis competition in Melbourne, which would surely amp up the already star-studded event.
Angelina Jolie and partner Brad Pitt arrive at the 5th Annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Governors Awards in Hollywood November 16, 2013. Jolie is being honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, which is an Oscar statuette at the ceremony. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
According to The Herald Sun, the “Mr & Mrs Smith” co-stars and affianced lovers top the list of celebrities that are invited to watch the games at the Melbourne Park.
Geoffrey Rush, Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Gene Simmons, and rapper Snoop Dogg are all on the studded guest list, as well as Australia’s own Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington and his girlfriend Lara Bingle, Miss World Australia Erin Holand, Megan Gale, Chris and Rebecca Judd, Buddy Franklin, and Jesinta Campbell.
The list of the celebrities officially invited also include retired Formula One star Mark Webber, golder Rory McIlroy, Greg Norman, Adam Scott, Olympic gold medallists Ian Thorpe and Cathy Freeman, and surfer Layne Beachley.
“As the biggest sporting event in the world in January, the AO is the hottest ticket in town,” tournament director Craig Tiley was quoted by the Herald as saying.
“We look forward to welcoming the biggest names in Australian sport, music and showbiz, and are always happy to accommodate international stars escaping the northern winter.”
It’s not far-fetched that Brangelina would be gracing the AO with their presence. After all, the couple and their brood are already in the country. Mum Angelina is shooting her second directorial film, “Unbroken,” in Sydney.
The Jolie-Pitts have also been around the country, visiting zoos, shopping at a local Target, and simply enjoying Down Under.
The Australian Open will kick off on January 13 and conclude on the 26th. Ace players Maria Sharapova, sisters Venus and Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal are among the participants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- WWE Night of Champions Live Streaming Info, Preview and Predictions
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?