Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Top Celebrity Guests At The Australian Open
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 4:59 PM EST
Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie going to grace the Australian Open with their presence? The Hollywood power couple have reportedly been invited to watch the international tennis competition in Melbourne, which would surely amp up the already star-studded event.
Angelina Jolie and partner Brad Pitt arrive at the 5th Annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Governors Awards in Hollywood November 16, 2013. Jolie is being honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, which is an Oscar statuette at the ceremony. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
According to The Herald Sun, the “Mr & Mrs Smith” co-stars and affianced lovers top the list of celebrities that are invited to watch the games at the Melbourne Park.
Geoffrey Rush, Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Gene Simmons, and rapper Snoop Dogg are all on the studded guest list, as well as Australia’s own Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington and his girlfriend Lara Bingle, Miss World Australia Erin Holand, Megan Gale, Chris and Rebecca Judd, Buddy Franklin, and Jesinta Campbell.
The list of the celebrities officially invited also include retired Formula One star Mark Webber, golder Rory McIlroy, Greg Norman, Adam Scott, Olympic gold medallists Ian Thorpe and Cathy Freeman, and surfer Layne Beachley.
“As the biggest sporting event in the world in January, the AO is the hottest ticket in town,” tournament director Craig Tiley was quoted by the Herald as saying.
“We look forward to welcoming the biggest names in Australian sport, music and showbiz, and are always happy to accommodate international stars escaping the northern winter.”
It’s not far-fetched that Brangelina would be gracing the AO with their presence. After all, the couple and their brood are already in the country. Mum Angelina is shooting her second directorial film, “Unbroken,” in Sydney.
The Jolie-Pitts have also been around the country, visiting zoos, shopping at a local Target, and simply enjoying Down Under.
The Australian Open will kick off on January 13 and conclude on the 26th. Ace players Maria Sharapova, sisters Venus and Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal are among the participants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop