Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Top Celebrity Guests At The Australian Open
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 4:59 PM EST
Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie going to grace the Australian Open with their presence? The Hollywood power couple have reportedly been invited to watch the international tennis competition in Melbourne, which would surely amp up the already star-studded event.
Angelina Jolie and partner Brad Pitt arrive at the 5th Annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Governors Awards in Hollywood November 16, 2013. Jolie is being honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, which is an Oscar statuette at the ceremony. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
According to The Herald Sun, the “Mr & Mrs Smith” co-stars and affianced lovers top the list of celebrities that are invited to watch the games at the Melbourne Park.
Geoffrey Rush, Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Gene Simmons, and rapper Snoop Dogg are all on the studded guest list, as well as Australia’s own Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington and his girlfriend Lara Bingle, Miss World Australia Erin Holand, Megan Gale, Chris and Rebecca Judd, Buddy Franklin, and Jesinta Campbell.
The list of the celebrities officially invited also include retired Formula One star Mark Webber, golder Rory McIlroy, Greg Norman, Adam Scott, Olympic gold medallists Ian Thorpe and Cathy Freeman, and surfer Layne Beachley.
“As the biggest sporting event in the world in January, the AO is the hottest ticket in town,” tournament director Craig Tiley was quoted by the Herald as saying.
“We look forward to welcoming the biggest names in Australian sport, music and showbiz, and are always happy to accommodate international stars escaping the northern winter.”
It’s not far-fetched that Brangelina would be gracing the AO with their presence. After all, the couple and their brood are already in the country. Mum Angelina is shooting her second directorial film, “Unbroken,” in Sydney.
The Jolie-Pitts have also been around the country, visiting zoos, shopping at a local Target, and simply enjoying Down Under.
The Australian Open will kick off on January 13 and conclude on the 26th. Ace players Maria Sharapova, sisters Venus and Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal are among the participants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal