Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Top Celebrity Guests At The Australian Open
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 4:59 PM EST
Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie going to grace the Australian Open with their presence? The Hollywood power couple have reportedly been invited to watch the international tennis competition in Melbourne, which would surely amp up the already star-studded event.
Angelina Jolie and partner Brad Pitt arrive at the 5th Annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Governors Awards in Hollywood November 16, 2013. Jolie is being honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, which is an Oscar statuette at the ceremony. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
According to The Herald Sun, the “Mr & Mrs Smith” co-stars and affianced lovers top the list of celebrities that are invited to watch the games at the Melbourne Park.
Geoffrey Rush, Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Gene Simmons, and rapper Snoop Dogg are all on the studded guest list, as well as Australia’s own Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington and his girlfriend Lara Bingle, Miss World Australia Erin Holand, Megan Gale, Chris and Rebecca Judd, Buddy Franklin, and Jesinta Campbell.
The list of the celebrities officially invited also include retired Formula One star Mark Webber, golder Rory McIlroy, Greg Norman, Adam Scott, Olympic gold medallists Ian Thorpe and Cathy Freeman, and surfer Layne Beachley.
“As the biggest sporting event in the world in January, the AO is the hottest ticket in town,” tournament director Craig Tiley was quoted by the Herald as saying.
“We look forward to welcoming the biggest names in Australian sport, music and showbiz, and are always happy to accommodate international stars escaping the northern winter.”
It’s not far-fetched that Brangelina would be gracing the AO with their presence. After all, the couple and their brood are already in the country. Mum Angelina is shooting her second directorial film, “Unbroken,” in Sydney.
The Jolie-Pitts have also been around the country, visiting zoos, shopping at a local Target, and simply enjoying Down Under.
The Australian Open will kick off on January 13 and conclude on the 26th. Ace players Maria Sharapova, sisters Venus and Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal are among the participants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Ronda Rousey Puts Up Her Belongings For Auction
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build