Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie Top Celebrity Guests At The Australian Open
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 4:59 PM EST
Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie going to grace the Australian Open with their presence? The Hollywood power couple have reportedly been invited to watch the international tennis competition in Melbourne, which would surely amp up the already star-studded event.
Angelina Jolie and partner Brad Pitt arrive at the 5th Annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Governors Awards in Hollywood November 16, 2013. Jolie is being honored with the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award, which is an Oscar statuette at the ceremony. REUTERS/Fred Prouser
According to The Herald Sun, the “Mr & Mrs Smith” co-stars and affianced lovers top the list of celebrities that are invited to watch the games at the Melbourne Park.
Geoffrey Rush, Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam), Gene Simmons, and rapper Snoop Dogg are all on the studded guest list, as well as Australia’s own Rachel Griffiths, Eric Bana, Sam Worthington and his girlfriend Lara Bingle, Miss World Australia Erin Holand, Megan Gale, Chris and Rebecca Judd, Buddy Franklin, and Jesinta Campbell.
The list of the celebrities officially invited also include retired Formula One star Mark Webber, golder Rory McIlroy, Greg Norman, Adam Scott, Olympic gold medallists Ian Thorpe and Cathy Freeman, and surfer Layne Beachley.
“As the biggest sporting event in the world in January, the AO is the hottest ticket in town,” tournament director Craig Tiley was quoted by the Herald as saying.
“We look forward to welcoming the biggest names in Australian sport, music and showbiz, and are always happy to accommodate international stars escaping the northern winter.”
It’s not far-fetched that Brangelina would be gracing the AO with their presence. After all, the couple and their brood are already in the country. Mum Angelina is shooting her second directorial film, “Unbroken,” in Sydney.
The Jolie-Pitts have also been around the country, visiting zoos, shopping at a local Target, and simply enjoying Down Under.
The Australian Open will kick off on January 13 and conclude on the 26th. Ace players Maria Sharapova, sisters Venus and Serena Williams, Roger Federer, Andy Murray, and Rafael Nadal are among the participants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Georges St-Pierre Opines Nick Diaz Would Have a Stronger Chance Against Anderson Silva If Fight Goes Longer
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists