Install Android Apps To Your Apple Mac OS Or Windows PC: How To Install
By Precious Silva | January 7, 2014 4:57 PM EST
Android has been rivaling iPhone and iOS for years. Some sources claimed it has taken over Apple finally. While some still like to argue that Apple is holding its ground, it cannot be denied how Android has gone. The OS has millions of users. For those who prefer to use Android apps despite using a Windows or Apple device, you can now add these apps.
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Users who want to have Android programs can now do so with their Windows 8 tablet, Mac or personal computer. Users can now sync their programs for backup or when used primarily. These also include applications previously paid for.
BlueStacks is a free app player that allows to use the Android apps on a Windows 8 tablet and other personal computing devices. The app can be downloaded for free. To download the application and begin running Android apps on a device follow these instructions:
1. Visit BlueStacks webpage and choose the download file needed. There are several download options for Windows XP, Vista, Win 7/8 or Mac OSX.
2. Follow the Wizard and start installing the BlueStacks application.
3. Users must look into the App Store Access, including the app notification boxes. Choose install and allow the program to download.
4. Once downloaded, open the file and choose My Apps tile. Go to the App Search button and look for a preferred Android app. Click the install button beside the search result.
5. Select an App Store from the given choices. It is best for users to select programs they have been running on their other Android devices like Google Play. It will be easier to run them on a different platform.
6. Input requested account details like Google account. Let the program sync with the device.
7. Choose Finish Setup and click and agree on any provided terms and conditions. Choose Continue after.
8. Try to search for another application. Accept then choose Download. Once the file has been downloaded, open the program. This time search will be under the store chosen.
People can now use their preferred Android apps on their Macintosh or Windows computer. It is important for users to understand that providers of installations and updates cannot be held responsible for what happens to their devices following installation. Users can install the application at their own risk.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health