'1 Nenokkadine' Gets 'U/A' Certificate; Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Massive Release on 10 January
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 7, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has received a "U/A" certificate from the censor board. The film, which has a run time of 144 minutes, has been confirmed to release on 10 January.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" is a stylish action thriller with Mahesh Babu playing the lead role. The superstar of Telugu cinema will reportedly appear in the role of a rockstar in the film.
"1 Nenokkadine" marks the debut of model-turned-actress Kriti Sanon. The film also has Nassar, Anu Haasan, Sayaji Shinde and Pradeep Rawat in pivotal roles. Although nothing much is known about the film's content, buzz is that the Mahesh starrer has a storyline similar in lines of Hollywood film "Bourne Identity." However, there is no confirmation on the same.
The film's trailer showcases that "1 Nenokkadine" will have loads of intense action. The action thriller will reportedly not have regular commercial elements such as comedy tracks, considering that the film has a serious narrative. "1 Nenokkadine", which has high production values, is expected to appeal to the urban audience.
The film is gearing up for a massive release on 10 January and theatre bookings are going on at a brisk pace worldwide. According to reports, the Mahesh starrer will release in 98 single screens and 10 multiplexes in Hyderabad alone. The film's total number of screens stands at 108, which is a new record for a Telugu film. "1 Nenokkadine" has surpassed the Hyderabad screen count of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi", which stood at 100.
The makers of the Sukumar directorial are reportedly planning to have 600 shows for the film on the first day of its release in Hyderabad. According to reports, "1 Nenokkadine" will be released in maximum numbers of screens in the first two days, considering Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is hitting screens on 12 January.
The film's makers, 14 Reels and Eros International, are making sure that "1 Nenokkadine" releases in record number of screens. Earlier, it was reported that around 900 screens have been booked for "1 Nenokkadine" in Andhra Pradesh, while the makers are planning to release the film in around 200 screens in overseas markets. But, complete details about the film's total worldwide screen count are yet to be available.
The action thriller flick will be releasing in overseas markets including US, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Malaysia and Germany among others. For the first time in the history of Telugu cinema, the film will hit screens in Ukraine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- ‘The Hobbit: The Battle Of The Five Armies’ New Images Of Bard And Smaug In Battle
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers – ‘Coda’: Midseason Finale Is ‘Heartbreaking’ And ‘Gut-Wrenching’
- 'Arrow' Season 3 Updates: Oliver Queen And Team Go To Barry Allen's Central City (Spoilers)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Ramsay Bolton
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Will Shatter Records with 64-Bit Snapdragon, 21MP Camera and Bendable Design
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast
- Walmart Canada Black Friday 2014 Ad For Nov. 28, 2014 Up To Dec. 1, 2014 Includes Savings On The iPad Mini 16GB And The Beats Solo HD Drenched Headphones