'1 Nenokkadine' Gets 'U/A' Certificate; Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Massive Release on 10 January
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 7, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has received a "U/A" certificate from the censor board. The film, which has a run time of 144 minutes, has been confirmed to release on 10 January.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" is a stylish action thriller with Mahesh Babu playing the lead role. The superstar of Telugu cinema will reportedly appear in the role of a rockstar in the film.
"1 Nenokkadine" marks the debut of model-turned-actress Kriti Sanon. The film also has Nassar, Anu Haasan, Sayaji Shinde and Pradeep Rawat in pivotal roles. Although nothing much is known about the film's content, buzz is that the Mahesh starrer has a storyline similar in lines of Hollywood film "Bourne Identity." However, there is no confirmation on the same.
The film's trailer showcases that "1 Nenokkadine" will have loads of intense action. The action thriller will reportedly not have regular commercial elements such as comedy tracks, considering that the film has a serious narrative. "1 Nenokkadine", which has high production values, is expected to appeal to the urban audience.
The film is gearing up for a massive release on 10 January and theatre bookings are going on at a brisk pace worldwide. According to reports, the Mahesh starrer will release in 98 single screens and 10 multiplexes in Hyderabad alone. The film's total number of screens stands at 108, which is a new record for a Telugu film. "1 Nenokkadine" has surpassed the Hyderabad screen count of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi", which stood at 100.
The makers of the Sukumar directorial are reportedly planning to have 600 shows for the film on the first day of its release in Hyderabad. According to reports, "1 Nenokkadine" will be released in maximum numbers of screens in the first two days, considering Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is hitting screens on 12 January.
The film's makers, 14 Reels and Eros International, are making sure that "1 Nenokkadine" releases in record number of screens. Earlier, it was reported that around 900 screens have been booked for "1 Nenokkadine" in Andhra Pradesh, while the makers are planning to release the film in around 200 screens in overseas markets. But, complete details about the film's total worldwide screen count are yet to be available.
The action thriller flick will be releasing in overseas markets including US, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Malaysia and Germany among others. For the first time in the history of Telugu cinema, the film will hit screens in Ukraine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points