'1 Nenokkadine' Gets 'U/A' Certificate; Mahesh Babu Starrer Set for Massive Release on 10 January
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 7, 2014 4:09 PM EST
Mahesh Babu's "1 Nenokkadine" has received a "U/A" certificate from the censor board. The film, which has a run time of 144 minutes, has been confirmed to release on 10 January.
Mahesh Babu in "1 Nenokkadine" (Official Facebook of "1 Nenokkadine")
Directed by Sukumar, "1 Nenokkadine" is a stylish action thriller with Mahesh Babu playing the lead role. The superstar of Telugu cinema will reportedly appear in the role of a rockstar in the film.
"1 Nenokkadine" marks the debut of model-turned-actress Kriti Sanon. The film also has Nassar, Anu Haasan, Sayaji Shinde and Pradeep Rawat in pivotal roles. Although nothing much is known about the film's content, buzz is that the Mahesh starrer has a storyline similar in lines of Hollywood film "Bourne Identity." However, there is no confirmation on the same.
The film's trailer showcases that "1 Nenokkadine" will have loads of intense action. The action thriller will reportedly not have regular commercial elements such as comedy tracks, considering that the film has a serious narrative. "1 Nenokkadine", which has high production values, is expected to appeal to the urban audience.
The film is gearing up for a massive release on 10 January and theatre bookings are going on at a brisk pace worldwide. According to reports, the Mahesh starrer will release in 98 single screens and 10 multiplexes in Hyderabad alone. The film's total number of screens stands at 108, which is a new record for a Telugu film. "1 Nenokkadine" has surpassed the Hyderabad screen count of Pawan Kalyan's "Attarintiki Daredi", which stood at 100.
The makers of the Sukumar directorial are reportedly planning to have 600 shows for the film on the first day of its release in Hyderabad. According to reports, "1 Nenokkadine" will be released in maximum numbers of screens in the first two days, considering Ram Charan's "Yevadu" is hitting screens on 12 January.
The film's makers, 14 Reels and Eros International, are making sure that "1 Nenokkadine" releases in record number of screens. Earlier, it was reported that around 900 screens have been booked for "1 Nenokkadine" in Andhra Pradesh, while the makers are planning to release the film in around 200 screens in overseas markets. But, complete details about the film's total worldwide screen count are yet to be available.
The action thriller flick will be releasing in overseas markets including US, UK, Australia, Netherlands, Switzerland, Malaysia and Germany among others. For the first time in the history of Telugu cinema, the film will hit screens in Ukraine.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales