iPad Air vs. Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2: Which Tablet Should You Buy?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2014 4:06 PM EST
Samsung kicked off the New Year by releasing a line of new tablets. The company announced four tablets at the Consumers Electronics Show in Las Vegas, including the Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2. The device is one the few tablets to pack the massive screen size. The tablet was announced alongside the Galaxy TabPRO 10.1 and 8.4 as well as Samsung Galaxy NotePRO 12.2.
The company's rival, Apple, has long dominated the tablet market with its iPad line. The company is rumoured to release its own iPad with 13-inch screen this year, as part of its "big plans" for 2014. Until then, the Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 will come face-to-face with Apple's iPad Air released last October.
Planning to buy either one of these tablets? Check out the comparison of specs and features of the two metal slabs below:
The Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 boasts a massive 12.2-inch LCD display with 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution. Samsung surprised everyone by bringing in one of the most pixel-dense screens in the market that can deliver great images. On the other hand, the iPad Air has 9.7-inch Retina display with 2,048 x 1,536 screen resolution and 264 pixel density.
The Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 is powered by 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset paired with 3 GB of RAM. Meanwhile, the iPad Air is packed with A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion co-processor that boasts faster processing.
The Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 is one of the first tablets from Samsung to pack the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS, while the iPad Air runs with the latest iOS 7.
Buyers will be able to choose between 32 and 64 GB models of the Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 12.2, when it goes on sale. The tablet is also equipped with a microSD slot for external storage of up to 64 GB. The iPad Air, on the other hand, is available in 16, 32, 64 and 128 GB storage variants.
The 12-inch Samsung tablet can take photos with its 8 MP rear camera and 2 MP front-facing cam. The iPad Air is equipped with 5 MP iSight camera at the back that can record Full HD videos. Users can also use Facetime and take selfies with its 1.2 MP front camera.
The Galaxy TabPRO 12.2 comes with an amazing 9,500 mAh removable battery. iPad Air, on the other hand, has a built-in 8,820 mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013