CES 2014: Lenovo Unveils ThinkPad Tablet 8
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | January 7, 2014 3:58 PM EST
Lenovo has showcased its newest tablet in the ThinkPad product line, ThinkPad Tablet 8, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
ThinkPad Tablet 8 has a 224.3 mm x 132 mm x 8.8 mm dimension and weighs 430 grams. This tablet is smaller than most tablets but has a promising hardware. With its small size, the tablet has no keyboard option. But a plus point is its Quickshot Cover sporting a foldable corner to reveal the rear camera. Once you pull the corner of the cover down, the camera app launches automatically.
Screen And Display
ThinkPad Tablet 8 has an 8.3-inch 10 finger multitouch screen with 1,200 x 1,920 full HD resolution.
Lenovo's newest tablet is sporting an Intel Z3770 quadcore 2.4GHz with 2GB of RAM and powered by Windows 8.1. Lenovo had incorporated Office, which is the trend in most Windows tablet lately.
ThinkPad Tablet 8 has an 8MP (HD 1080p) camera in the rear which can be launched automatically by pulling down the corner of its Quickshot cover. The front is sporting a 2MP (HD 1080p) camera.
ThinkPad Tablet 8 will be available at a price starting at $399 and will be offered in late January 2014.
CES 2014 has not yet officially started and yet Lenovo had already presented a capable tablet. ThinkPad Tablet 8 runs in full Windows 8.1 including Intel Bay Trail technology. Another feature is the addition of Office. The 8.3-inch display with 1, 200 x 1, 920 pixel is promising. With these specs coupled with a low price of $399, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 promises a decent performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe