CES 2014: Lenovo Unveils ThinkPad Tablet 8
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | January 7, 2014 3:58 PM EST
Lenovo has showcased its newest tablet in the ThinkPad product line, ThinkPad Tablet 8, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
ThinkPad Tablet 8 has a 224.3 mm x 132 mm x 8.8 mm dimension and weighs 430 grams. This tablet is smaller than most tablets but has a promising hardware. With its small size, the tablet has no keyboard option. But a plus point is its Quickshot Cover sporting a foldable corner to reveal the rear camera. Once you pull the corner of the cover down, the camera app launches automatically.
Screen And Display
ThinkPad Tablet 8 has an 8.3-inch 10 finger multitouch screen with 1,200 x 1,920 full HD resolution.
Lenovo's newest tablet is sporting an Intel Z3770 quadcore 2.4GHz with 2GB of RAM and powered by Windows 8.1. Lenovo had incorporated Office, which is the trend in most Windows tablet lately.
ThinkPad Tablet 8 has an 8MP (HD 1080p) camera in the rear which can be launched automatically by pulling down the corner of its Quickshot cover. The front is sporting a 2MP (HD 1080p) camera.
ThinkPad Tablet 8 will be available at a price starting at $399 and will be offered in late January 2014.
CES 2014 has not yet officially started and yet Lenovo had already presented a capable tablet. ThinkPad Tablet 8 runs in full Windows 8.1 including Intel Bay Trail technology. Another feature is the addition of Office. The 8.3-inch display with 1, 200 x 1, 920 pixel is promising. With these specs coupled with a low price of $399, Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 8 promises a decent performance.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes