Microsoft Surface vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | January 7, 2014 3:19 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Microsoft Surface or the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Microsoft Surface comes with a 10.6 inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1366 x 768 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 comes with a 10.1 inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1280 x 800 pixels resolution.
The Microsoft Surface comes with 274.6 x 172 x 9.4 mm dimensions and weighs 680.4 grams. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 comes with 243.1 x 176.1 x 8 mm dimensions and weighs 510 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Microsoft Surface is equipped with a 1.3 GHz quad core cortex A9 processor and Nvidia Tegra 3 T30 chipset. It comes in 32 GB and 64 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is equipped with a 1.6 GHz dual core processor and Intel Atom Z2560 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Microsoft Surface runs on the Microsoft Windows 8 RT operating system, which can be upgraded to Windows 8.1 RT. The device has 2 GB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 1 GB of RAM.
The Microsoft Surface sports a 1.2 MP primary and a 1.2 MP secondary camera. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 sports a 3.15 MP primary and 1.3 MP secondary camera.
The Microsoft Surface comes with a non-removable 31.5 Wh Li-Ion battery whereas the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 comes with a non-removable Li-Po 6800 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Microsoft Surface 32 GB variant with touch cover is priced at around AU $499.95 and the 64 GB variant with touch cover is priced at around AU $579.95. The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $359.95 in Australia.
More Articles to Read
'Paranormal Activity' 5 Opens with Over $18 Million Collection - Plot and Release Date in Australia [Watch Trailer] [Read]
5 Reasons Why 'Dracula' TV Series May be Cancelled [Read]
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Spoilers: Why Gregor 'the Mountain' Clegane is Important this Time [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners