iPad Mini Retina vs. Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4: Which Mini Tablet Should You Go For?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2014 3:11 PM EST
Planning to buy a miniature tablet this year?
Samsung officially unveiled a line of tablets today at the Consumers Electronics Show in Las Vegas and it showed off four slabs of metal that will jump in the tablet market.
Samsung Press kit
South Korean technology giant, Samsung has announced the much awaited high-end tablet range Galaxy TabPRO and NotePRO at the International CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2014.
Below is the comparison of specs and features of Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 and iPad Mini with Retina display:
Just like Samsung Galaxy Note 3, the Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 sports a faux leather casing. The iPad Mini with Retina display, on the other hand, is housed in aluminium casing that Apple is known for.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 boasts an 8.4-inch LCD screen display with 1,600 x 2,560 pixel resolution and 360 ppi. The tablet has one of the most pixel-dense screens in the market that can deliver vivid and realistic colours to users. Meanwhile, the second generation of iPad Mini has a 7.9-inch Retina display with 2,048 x 1,536 pixel resolution and 326 ppi.
Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 is powered by 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800 chipset complemented with 2 GB of RAM on board. Expect faster processing using iPad Mini Retina, too, as it is packed with A7 chip with 64-bit architecture and M7 motion co-processor.
Consumers can choose between 16 or 32 GB variants of Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4. For those in need of more storage, the tablet comes with microSD slot which is expandable up to 64 GB. The iPad Mini Retina battled this with its 16, 32, 64 and 128 GB models.
Good news to Android fans out there, the Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 runs with the 4.4 version of Android Kitkat OS. As Samsung does not have its own operating system unlike Apple, one of the common complaints to Samsung is its slow update to the next versions of Android OS that leaves some users frustrated. The iPad Mini with Retina display, on the other hand, runs with the latest iOS 7 software and users can expect no problems in upgrading to the next version.
Take photos with Samsung Galaxy TabPro 8.4's 8 MP rear camera and 2 MP front-facing camera. Meanwhile, the iPad Mini Retina is equipped with 5 MP iSight camera at the back and 1.2 MP Facetime camera.
The Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 is equipped with 4,800 mAh battery, while the iPad Mini with Retina display comes with built-in 23.8-Wh battery that is claimed to last for up to 10 hours with extensive usage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates