North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un Aunt Rumored Cause of Death is Suicide or Heart Disease?
By Christine Lazaro | January 7, 2014 3:00 PM EST
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's aunt has reportedly died due to causes that are still considered puzzling.
New Zealand Herald mentioned that a North Korean media outfit stated that the 67-year-old aunt, Kim Kyong-hui must have died of a heart attack or possibly committed suicide. Her husband, Jang Song-Thaek was also recently reported to have been executed about a month ago in accordance to the dictator's orders.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un attends a ceremony of awarding party and state commendations to the exemplary officials, captains and fishermen in fisheries of the Korean People's Army (KPA) at the conference hall of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) in this undated photograph released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on December 27, 2013. REUTERS/KCNA
Her presence and health conditions have always been widely speculated since the reported death of her husband on December 8. The Chosunilbo, a South Korean newspaper, was the one who made reports that it was believed by the North Korean intelligence services team that Mrs Kim has already passed away but as to answers to questions of how and where are still left unanswered.
Mrs Kim has not been seen in public since September 10 when she was seen watching a musical performance along with Kim Jong-Un and his wife. Everyone assumed that she will stay safe despite her husband's execution since she still became a part of the list of top officials named for a funeral committee in charge for a fellow senior official of the Workers' Party. However, Huffington Post wrote that she was not seen anymore on a December 17 ceremony which commemorated the second death anniversary of her deceased brother, Kim Jong II.
The Telegraph added that she went to Russia during the previous month to get her heart complications treated. Professor Toshimitsu Shigemura of the Waseda University of Tokyo and a respected authority on various North Korean affairs added that it should not be a surprise at all if she is confirmed to be dead due to her severe health conditions. Daily NK, another South Korean news group reported that Mrs Kim even got into a seizure that was triggered by the recent execution of her husband.
More reports state that she suffered gravely from depression and alcoholism when her only daughter committed suicide in Paris about 8 years ago. RT.com reports that the rumoured form of execution of her husband thrown to a pack of dogs seem to be turning out as sourced from a satirical Chinese website. Up to this point, the form of execution still remains unknown.
Everyone assumes though that the North Korean Leader Kim Jong's aunt was safe from any persecution simply for being the only daughter of the founder of North Korea, Kim Il Sung who is the grandfather of the current dictator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ukraine Crisis: Putin Dangles Nuclear War Threat, US Senators Advise Sending Defensive Weapons
- James Foley Is A Spy – Jihadi Recruiter Reveals
- Australia's Renewable Energy Industry Braces for Removal of Support
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- Australia Races Against Potential Genocide In Iraq
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How