North Korean Leader Kim Jong-Un Aunt Rumored Cause of Death is Suicide or Heart Disease?
By Christine Lazaro | January 7, 2014 3:00 PM EST
North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un's aunt has reportedly died due to causes that are still considered puzzling.
New Zealand Herald mentioned that a North Korean media outfit stated that the 67-year-old aunt, Kim Kyong-hui must have died of a heart attack or possibly committed suicide. Her husband, Jang Song-Thaek was also recently reported to have been executed about a month ago in accordance to the dictator's orders.
North Korean leader Kim Jong Un attends a ceremony of awarding party and state commendations to the exemplary officials, captains and fishermen in fisheries of the Korean People's Army (KPA) at the conference hall of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea (WPK) in this undated photograph released by North Korea's Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on December 27, 2013. REUTERS/KCNA
Her presence and health conditions have always been widely speculated since the reported death of her husband on December 8. The Chosunilbo, a South Korean newspaper, was the one who made reports that it was believed by the North Korean intelligence services team that Mrs Kim has already passed away but as to answers to questions of how and where are still left unanswered.
Mrs Kim has not been seen in public since September 10 when she was seen watching a musical performance along with Kim Jong-Un and his wife. Everyone assumed that she will stay safe despite her husband's execution since she still became a part of the list of top officials named for a funeral committee in charge for a fellow senior official of the Workers' Party. However, Huffington Post wrote that she was not seen anymore on a December 17 ceremony which commemorated the second death anniversary of her deceased brother, Kim Jong II.
The Telegraph added that she went to Russia during the previous month to get her heart complications treated. Professor Toshimitsu Shigemura of the Waseda University of Tokyo and a respected authority on various North Korean affairs added that it should not be a surprise at all if she is confirmed to be dead due to her severe health conditions. Daily NK, another South Korean news group reported that Mrs Kim even got into a seizure that was triggered by the recent execution of her husband.
More reports state that she suffered gravely from depression and alcoholism when her only daughter committed suicide in Paris about 8 years ago. RT.com reports that the rumoured form of execution of her husband thrown to a pack of dogs seem to be turning out as sourced from a satirical Chinese website. Up to this point, the form of execution still remains unknown.
Everyone assumes though that the North Korean Leader Kim Jong's aunt was safe from any persecution simply for being the only daughter of the founder of North Korea, Kim Il Sung who is the grandfather of the current dictator.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Canada’s Anti-Prostitution Law Soon: Critics Call it Draconian
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand
- Opinion Poll in New Zealand Shows National Party Far Ahead in Popular Support
- “Women should not laugh in public” - Turkish Deputy PM says
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health