Big Bash League Where to Watch Live and Preview: Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes Live Streaming Information
By Deepak Vikraman | January 7, 2014 3:00 PM EST
The Perth Scorchers will look for another substantial victory at home when they host the Hobart Hurricanes in the Big Bash League (BBL03) on Monday at the WACA.
Where to Watch Live
The match is scheduled for a 2.10 pm IST start with live coverage on Star Sports 1 and Star Sports HD1. The action can also be viewed online via live streaming in Australia HERE. To catch the action in the UK click HERE, while US viewers can live stream the match HERE.
The Scorchers burnt the Sydney Thunder's chances of ending their losing run comprehensively, with Simon Katich and Mitchell Marsh taking the home side to an eventually comfortable six-wicket victory on Friday night.
The Thunder posted 157 for six in their first innings, with veteran Brad Hogg bowling brilliantly for the Scorchers. In reply, Perth were in a little bit of a bother on 86 for three, but Katich calmed all nerves with a brilliant 75 from 42 balls, before Marsh saw his side home.
That match was witnessed by a record crowd for a BBL match at the WACA, and another big one is expected when Perth take on the Hobart Hurricanes, who have won one and lost another this BBL season, with their opening match abandoned by bad weather.
The Perth Scorchers have been boosted by the return of Nathan Coulter-Nile to their lineup, following the fast bowler's duties with the Australian cricket team during the Ashes series against England. Coulter-Nile replaces Ryan Duffield in the squad.
Hobart's batting let them down in that match at the Bellerive Oval on New Year's Day, so the onus will be on the likes of Shoaib Malik, skipper Tim Paine and Owais Shah to make sure there will be no more collapses.
The last time the two sides met, the Hobart Hurricanes eased to a victory on New Year's Day, 2013, and the away side no doubt will want to repeat that result come Monday at the WACA.
Squads: Perth Scorchers: Simon Katich (capt), Yasir Arafat, Michael Beer, Jason Behrendorff, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Brad Hogg, Mitch Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Alfonso Thomas, Ashton Turner, Craig Simmons, Adam Voges, Sam Whiteman.
Hobart Hurricanes: Tim Paine (capt), Travis Birt, Aiden Blizzard, Doug Bollinger, Cameron Boyce, Xavier Doherty, Ben Dunk, Evan Gulbis, Ben Hilfenhaus, Ben Laughlin, Shoaib Malik, Owais Shah, Jon Wells.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Rumours Spice Up as Balotelli is Spotted in New York, where Gunners will Hold Pre-season Camp [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales