Laneway Festival Loses Another Act For Auckland Show; James Blake Cancels Appearance
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 2:24 PM EST
St Jerome’s Laneway Festival suffered another loss. After Kiwi superstar Lorde backed out of the Auckland show, British electronic musician James Blake also had to cancel his performance at the New Zealand leg of the festival to make it to the Grammy Awards in the U.S.
In December, Lorde announced that she wouldn’t be able to play at the music festival on January 27 because she needs to be in Los Angeles on the 26th for the Grammys. She’s nominated for record of the year, song of the year, pop solo performance, and best pop vocal for “Pure Heroine.”
She will be making it up to ticketholders, though, with a free concert on January 29.
On Monday, organisers of the festival announced that they have lost another headliner to the Grammys. This time, it’s Blake, who is nominated at the prestigious awards show for Best New Artist.
“Laneway supports James Blake’s decision to go to the Grammys. We are totally gutted that he is unable to make it, however we appreciate this is a huge achievement for James Blake and his career. Due to James Blake’s tight tour schedule it is not possible for us to schedule replacement dates,” Laneway co-promoter Mark Kneebone said in a statement.
The festival is accepting refund requests until 5pm on January 16. Those who don’t opt for refund would find two replacements for Blake, though.
“We worked right through the Christmas break to secure the best replacements we could. After multiple attempts over the years, we are very happy to announce that Cat Power and The Presets will be joining us for Laneway 2014.”
Meanwhile, the Melbourne and Sydney legs of the festival are already sold out, with tickets for the Brisbane, Adelaide, and Fremantle events also selling out fast, the organisers announced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border