Laneway Festival Loses Another Act For Auckland Show; James Blake Cancels Appearance
By Anne Lu | January 7, 2014 2:24 PM EST
St Jerome’s Laneway Festival suffered another loss. After Kiwi superstar Lorde backed out of the Auckland show, British electronic musician James Blake also had to cancel his performance at the New Zealand leg of the festival to make it to the Grammy Awards in the U.S.
In December, Lorde announced that she wouldn’t be able to play at the music festival on January 27 because she needs to be in Los Angeles on the 26th for the Grammys. She’s nominated for record of the year, song of the year, pop solo performance, and best pop vocal for “Pure Heroine.”
She will be making it up to ticketholders, though, with a free concert on January 29.
On Monday, organisers of the festival announced that they have lost another headliner to the Grammys. This time, it’s Blake, who is nominated at the prestigious awards show for Best New Artist.
“Laneway supports James Blake’s decision to go to the Grammys. We are totally gutted that he is unable to make it, however we appreciate this is a huge achievement for James Blake and his career. Due to James Blake’s tight tour schedule it is not possible for us to schedule replacement dates,” Laneway co-promoter Mark Kneebone said in a statement.
The festival is accepting refund requests until 5pm on January 16. Those who don’t opt for refund would find two replacements for Blake, though.
“We worked right through the Christmas break to secure the best replacements we could. After multiple attempts over the years, we are very happy to announce that Cat Power and The Presets will be joining us for Laneway 2014.”
Meanwhile, the Melbourne and Sydney legs of the festival are already sold out, with tickets for the Brisbane, Adelaide, and Fremantle events also selling out fast, the organisers announced.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS