An Onlooker Inadvertently Recorded Michael Schumacher's Accident on Smartphone
By ambika thakur | January 7, 2014 2:13 PM EST
Formula One star Michael Schumacher remained in critical but stable condition even a week after his skiing accident in the French Alps. Reportedly a German bystander unintentionally covered the accident on his Smartphone.
File photo of Formula One world champion Michael Schumacher skiing in the northern Italian resort of Madonna Di Campiglio
Update on Michael Schumacher Accident: Damon Hill and Martin Brundle Hoping for Best as Schumacher Remains 'Critical'
A German fellow who says he was filming his wife when per chance he recorded the Schumacher's accident. This footage will help investigators to find out the cause of accident. Schumacher was wearing a helmet-mounted camera that will probably provide some hints how the accident happened.
According to the German eyewitness, who talked to the news magazine Der Spiegel, Schumacher was skiing at a speed of 20 kilometres an hour when he fell on Dec 29. Reportedly he will give the video recording to French investigators. The video has not been published on Spiegel.
This would support claims by Schumacher's spokesperson Sabine Kehm, who said he could not have been skiing in high-speed "because it appears he helped a friend who had just fallen." On the contrary, in a press conference last week, the team of doctors who are treating Schumacher said he had been skiing at huge speed. A specialist on accident claims Edouard Bourgin, said there could have been "a catapult effect that explains the violence of the shock, even in the absence of excessive speed."
The prosecutors are looking at two major points:
- Wether the limits of the ski runs adjacent the accident site were correctly marked
- If the rock in question was lying close enough to the piste to require some kind of safeguard or signage
Schumacher turned 45 on last Friday, and Ferrari fans marked the birthday with a silent vigil outside the French hospital where the racing champion continued to battle for his life after a skiing accident.
"Michael's condition remains critical, but also stable. We explicitly stress that any information on his health that does not hail either from the doctors involved or from [Schumacher's] management team is not valid and is pure speculation," stated Kehm on Saturday.
Watch: Witness captured Schumacher is airlifted from French ski resort after horror crash
You may also like to read more:
Michael Schumacher: Sports-World Express Support and Concern for F1 Racing Driver on Social Media, Read HERE
Update on Michael Schumacher Accident: Damon Hill and Martin Brundle Hoping for Best as Schumacher Remains 'Critical,' Read HERE
Michael Schumacher Dead 2013: Seven-Time Formula One World Champion Death Hoax Fuelled by RIP Fan Pages, Read HERE
Fast & Furious Actor Paul Walker Dies In Car Crash: Hoax That Become Truth [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS], Read HERE
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown