Tito Ortiz Crashes Porsche and Gets Arrested for DUI
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 1:43 PM EST
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz was arrested on Monday on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) after he crashed his Porsche Panamera on the 405 Freeway.
Ortiz crashed his car on the freeway near Sepulveda and Santa Monica boulevards around 4:30 am, according to the press release of California Highway Patrol, as reported by KTLA.com. The 38-year-old mixed martial artist was reportedly heading north when he lost control of the car and hit the concrete median in the center of divided highway.
Ortiz was reportedly with two passengers when the car mishap happened. Fortunately, no one was injured even though the car was recounted to be moderately smashed.
Ortiz was taken to Los Angeles Police Department 77th Division for medical clearance and chemical testing where he was also booked and processed.
In similar news report posted by TMZ on its Web site, police officers carried out sobriety tests on Ortiz and the former light heavyweight UFC champion blew .12 on the breathalyzer. In California, the acceptable limit is .08.
TMZ also reports that Ortiz attended a BCS Football party at the Playboy Mansion the night before the car accident took place.
A drunk driving case follows the same bail process as with any other criminal case. Ortiz was asked to pay a DUI bail bond amounting to $15,000 in exchange of his freedom. He was released nearly four hours after he was brought to the detention center. He probably stayed around until he was sober to be released.
Ortiz is expected to appear in court on Jan. 27.
Legal issues are definitely nothing new for Ortiz. He was once arrested for felony domestic violence in 2010.
Ortiz is currently fighting for Bellator MMA with occasional appearances for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). He was scheduled to fight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the main event of Bellator's first-ever pay-per-view event. However, he had to pull out of the fight after suffering an injury. His recent brush with the law might only make things even tougher for him.
MORE UFC NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga