Tito Ortiz Crashes Porsche and Gets Arrested for DUI
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 1:43 PM EST
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz was arrested on Monday on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) after he crashed his Porsche Panamera on the 405 Freeway.
Ortiz crashed his car on the freeway near Sepulveda and Santa Monica boulevards around 4:30 am, according to the press release of California Highway Patrol, as reported by KTLA.com. The 38-year-old mixed martial artist was reportedly heading north when he lost control of the car and hit the concrete median in the center of divided highway.
Ortiz was reportedly with two passengers when the car mishap happened. Fortunately, no one was injured even though the car was recounted to be moderately smashed.
Ortiz was taken to Los Angeles Police Department 77th Division for medical clearance and chemical testing where he was also booked and processed.
In similar news report posted by TMZ on its Web site, police officers carried out sobriety tests on Ortiz and the former light heavyweight UFC champion blew .12 on the breathalyzer. In California, the acceptable limit is .08.
TMZ also reports that Ortiz attended a BCS Football party at the Playboy Mansion the night before the car accident took place.
A drunk driving case follows the same bail process as with any other criminal case. Ortiz was asked to pay a DUI bail bond amounting to $15,000 in exchange of his freedom. He was released nearly four hours after he was brought to the detention center. He probably stayed around until he was sober to be released.
Ortiz is expected to appear in court on Jan. 27.
Legal issues are definitely nothing new for Ortiz. He was once arrested for felony domestic violence in 2010.
Ortiz is currently fighting for Bellator MMA with occasional appearances for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). He was scheduled to fight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the main event of Bellator's first-ever pay-per-view event. However, he had to pull out of the fight after suffering an injury. His recent brush with the law might only make things even tougher for him.
MORE UFC NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage