Tito Ortiz Crashes Porsche and Gets Arrested for DUI
By Rachelle Corpuz | January 7, 2014 1:43 PM EST
UFC Hall of Famer Tito Ortiz was arrested on Monday on suspicion of driving under the influence (DUI) after he crashed his Porsche Panamera on the 405 Freeway.
Ortiz crashed his car on the freeway near Sepulveda and Santa Monica boulevards around 4:30 am, according to the press release of California Highway Patrol, as reported by KTLA.com. The 38-year-old mixed martial artist was reportedly heading north when he lost control of the car and hit the concrete median in the center of divided highway.
Ortiz was reportedly with two passengers when the car mishap happened. Fortunately, no one was injured even though the car was recounted to be moderately smashed.
Ortiz was taken to Los Angeles Police Department 77th Division for medical clearance and chemical testing where he was also booked and processed.
In similar news report posted by TMZ on its Web site, police officers carried out sobriety tests on Ortiz and the former light heavyweight UFC champion blew .12 on the breathalyzer. In California, the acceptable limit is .08.
TMZ also reports that Ortiz attended a BCS Football party at the Playboy Mansion the night before the car accident took place.
A drunk driving case follows the same bail process as with any other criminal case. Ortiz was asked to pay a DUI bail bond amounting to $15,000 in exchange of his freedom. He was released nearly four hours after he was brought to the detention center. He probably stayed around until he was sober to be released.
Ortiz is expected to appear in court on Jan. 27.
Legal issues are definitely nothing new for Ortiz. He was once arrested for felony domestic violence in 2010.
Ortiz is currently fighting for Bellator MMA with occasional appearances for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA). He was scheduled to fight Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the main event of Bellator's first-ever pay-per-view event. However, he had to pull out of the fight after suffering an injury. His recent brush with the law might only make things even tougher for him.
MORE UFC NEWS:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’