CES 2014: Corning Inc. Unveils World's First Antimicrobial Gorilla Glass in Las Vegas [WATCH VIDEO]
By Janice Somosot | January 7, 2014 1:38 PM EST
One of the most anticipated events of the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2014 will be the moment when Corning Inc., the leading specialty glass and ceramics company in the world, unveils the world's first antimicrobial Gorilla Glass in Las Vegas, Nevada. According to Corning, it is the first antimicrobial cover glass to be registered with the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). It infuses ionic silver into the surface of the glass for continuous antimicrobial protection.
This is a revolutionary product which is necessary in this germ-filled world. This is especially crucial because of the proliferation of gadgets such as smartphones and tablet computers, which many people touch daily. Because of this, dirt and microbes accumulate in the gadgets, which can cause sickness and infections. The Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass was designed to address this problem.
Senior vice president and general manager, Corning Specialty Materials, James R. Steiner spoke about the benefits of the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass in a press release in the company's official Web site.
"Corning's Antimicrobial Gorilla Glass inhibits the growth of algae, mold, mildew, fungi, and bacteria because of its built-in antimicrobial property, which is intrinsic to the glass and effective for the lifetime of a device," said Mr Steiner in Corning's Web site news release.
The RoomWizard by Steelcase web-based room scheduling system will reportedly feature the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass and will be showcased at the CES 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Corning's CES booth is #1612. It can be found in the Las Vegas Convention Center's Central Hall.
The Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass is not just for gadgets such as smartphones, tablets and computers. It can also be used in a variety of electronic devices such as calculators and other products with electronic display panels. Corning Inc. claims that the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass works continuously and is built to last the lifetime of the device used with this technology.
Corning's unveiling of the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass at the CES 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada, signals the start of a cleaner and healthier world filled with antimicrobial gadgets.
Click here to learn more about the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass. Check out the official Twitter account of the Corning Gorilla Glass and see its tweet about the Antimicrobial Corning Gorilla Glass.
Gorilla Glass Maker Developing Germ-Resistant, Sun-Glare Proof Material (Click here)
iPhone 6, iPhone 5S Will Have Flexible Screens Made of Corning Gorilla Glass on Release Date? (Click here)
CES 2013: Corning to Debut Gorilla Glass 3 (Click here)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June