‘BlackBerry’s Claims Against Typo Lack Merit’ Says Seacrest’s Company
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | January 7, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The subject of the lawsuit is a physical keyboard manufactured by Typo Products that can be attached to some of Apple Inc's touchscreen iPhone 5 models. The said keyboard which features angled miniature keys similar to those of BlackBerry's devices is being offered at $99.
"This is a blatant infringement against Blackberry's iconic keyboard, and we vigorously protect our intellectual property against any company that attempts to copy our unique design," says Steve Zipperstein, Blackberry's chief legal officer.
"We are flattered by the desire to graft our keyboard onto other smartphones, but we will not tolerate such activity without fair compensation for using our intellectual property and our technological innovations," he further pointed out.
Typo, on the other hand, believes that BlackBerry's claim lacks merit. Seacrest's company stated that it respects BlackBerry's intellectual property, but it intends to "defend the case vigorously."
"We are aware of the lawsuit that BlackBerry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect BlackBerry and its intellectual property, we believe that BlackBerry's claim lack merit and we intend to defend our case vigorously," says Typo Product in a statement.
Typo further announced it is excited with its new keyboard design.
"The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelming positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to Feature Retina Scanner Challenging iPad Retina and iPhone 6
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015