‘BlackBerry’s Claims Against Typo Lack Merit’ Says Seacrest’s Company
By Katrina Dianne Gimenez | January 7, 2014 12:49 PM EST
The subject of the lawsuit is a physical keyboard manufactured by Typo Products that can be attached to some of Apple Inc's touchscreen iPhone 5 models. The said keyboard which features angled miniature keys similar to those of BlackBerry's devices is being offered at $99.
"This is a blatant infringement against Blackberry's iconic keyboard, and we vigorously protect our intellectual property against any company that attempts to copy our unique design," says Steve Zipperstein, Blackberry's chief legal officer.
"We are flattered by the desire to graft our keyboard onto other smartphones, but we will not tolerate such activity without fair compensation for using our intellectual property and our technological innovations," he further pointed out.
Typo, on the other hand, believes that BlackBerry's claim lacks merit. Seacrest's company stated that it respects BlackBerry's intellectual property, but it intends to "defend the case vigorously."
"We are aware of the lawsuit that BlackBerry filed today against Typo Products. Although we respect BlackBerry and its intellectual property, we believe that BlackBerry's claim lack merit and we intend to defend our case vigorously," says Typo Product in a statement.
Typo further announced it is excited with its new keyboard design.
"The Typo keyboard has garnered an overwhelming positive response from the public. We are also looking forward to our product launch at the Consumer Electronics show in Las Vegas next week and remain on track to begin shipping pre-orders at the end of January."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Battery Life Test Shows Its Curved Display And Build Has Impacted Its Battery Performance