Apple Inc.'s New Mac Pro Desktop Features Incredible Redesign and Impressive Performance
By Precious Silva | January 7, 2014 12:31 PM EST
Apple's new Mac Pro aims for one thing: to impress. The latest computing device is a sight to behold. Featuring an excellent cylindrical design, the new Mac Pro will satisfy most users. The device sets a standard on its own. The device is no bigger than a football. Slightly dented at the top similar to a jet engine, it is a compact as it comes. Under the hood, it is just as impressive. Users particular of their computing speed will find the device an excellent choice.
The basic version of the Mac Pro is powered by a 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor with 16 GB 1897 MHz DDR3 RAM. It has dual AMD FirePro D300 graphics cards with 2 GB of RAM each, 256 GB SSD, 6 Thunderbolt 2.0 ports, 4 USB 3.0 ports and 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0. Its manufacturer's suggested retail price is $2,999.
Aside from being the fastest Mac around, the design of the Mac Pro can complete a room's interior. It has an appealing frame that most people will love. However, it is costly and users may need to bring their own screen.
There are mixed opinions about the design of the Mac Pro. Some called out its similarities to Darth Vader's popular look. Others go as far as saying it is a "trash can" Mac for its appearance. While it may not be the most original concept around, users who have it placed on their desks tell a different story. The aluminium surface is reflective but not shiny. It provides a sense of assurance to the users of what it can do. In all, Mac Pro's look is futuristic.
Users working with their computers all the time will find the Mac Pro a thought-based device. This means every input action literally has an immediate response. The device comes with dual workstation GPUs, super-fast PCIe-based SSD and Xeon processor. These all reassure people of its speed and computing power - far better than any Mac around yet.
The device caters to film makers. It is a professional machine that allows users to create 3-D animations, elaborate graphics and even feature-length films. Even the most demanding photographers will find it just right for their taste. The Mac Pro makes batch processing huge files and extreme resolutions easy. For those looking for a high-powered computer and willing to spend money, this is the right choice.
Disclaimer: Opinions that may have been expressed in this review are solely of the writer and not representative of IBT Media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Back in Rehab, Hugs Nat Wolff the Night Justin Bieber & Orlando Bloom Made Headlines in Ibiza
- Girls Star Allison Williams to Play Titular Role in NBC's Peter Pan Live
- Kendall Jenner Forbids Sister Kim Kardashian from Attending her Fashion Shows, Considers her Presence a Hindrance - Reports
- Kendall Jenner Ignores Kim Kardashian Big Time, Tries to Befriend Beyonce - Reports
- Apple Mac Remains Strong Despite Challenging PC Market, iPhone Remains a Winner Through Q3 Price Points