Apple Inc.'s New Mac Pro Desktop Features Incredible Redesign and Impressive Performance
By Precious Silva | January 7, 2014 12:31 PM EST
Apple's new Mac Pro aims for one thing: to impress. The latest computing device is a sight to behold. Featuring an excellent cylindrical design, the new Mac Pro will satisfy most users. The device sets a standard on its own. The device is no bigger than a football. Slightly dented at the top similar to a jet engine, it is a compact as it comes. Under the hood, it is just as impressive. Users particular of their computing speed will find the device an excellent choice.
The basic version of the Mac Pro is powered by a 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5 processor with 16 GB 1897 MHz DDR3 RAM. It has dual AMD FirePro D300 graphics cards with 2 GB of RAM each, 256 GB SSD, 6 Thunderbolt 2.0 ports, 4 USB 3.0 ports and 802.11ac + Bluetooth 4.0. Its manufacturer's suggested retail price is $2,999.
Aside from being the fastest Mac around, the design of the Mac Pro can complete a room's interior. It has an appealing frame that most people will love. However, it is costly and users may need to bring their own screen.
There are mixed opinions about the design of the Mac Pro. Some called out its similarities to Darth Vader's popular look. Others go as far as saying it is a "trash can" Mac for its appearance. While it may not be the most original concept around, users who have it placed on their desks tell a different story. The aluminium surface is reflective but not shiny. It provides a sense of assurance to the users of what it can do. In all, Mac Pro's look is futuristic.
Users working with their computers all the time will find the Mac Pro a thought-based device. This means every input action literally has an immediate response. The device comes with dual workstation GPUs, super-fast PCIe-based SSD and Xeon processor. These all reassure people of its speed and computing power - far better than any Mac around yet.
The device caters to film makers. It is a professional machine that allows users to create 3-D animations, elaborate graphics and even feature-length films. Even the most demanding photographers will find it just right for their taste. The Mac Pro makes batch processing huge files and extreme resolutions easy. For those looking for a high-powered computer and willing to spend money, this is the right choice.
Disclaimer: Opinions that may have been expressed in this review are solely of the writer and not representative of IBT Media.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports