No Google Nexus 10 2 Release at CES 2014 as Samsung Busy With Own Tablet Line?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2014 12:03 PM EST
It seemed that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date will not be on the Consumers Electronics Show (CES), as Samsung has its plate full with its own tablets.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
The CES is already kicking off today, but Google may disappoint waiting fans, as it may once again skip the Nexus 10 2 rumoured release date at event, according to Phone Arena.
DigiTimes reported on Jan 3 that Google "is expected" to announce its new Nexus 10 at the electronics trade show happening in Las Vegas. The new tablet will be manufactured by Samsung. The report added that the Nexus 10 2 may pack an AMOLED screen display with the same pixel resolution. Also, the tablet will run with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
Rumours also assumed that Google will hold its own launching event for the Nexus 10 2 ahead of the tech event. Obviously, there was none, while the device's rumoured manufacturer is busy with its own tablet line.
Samsung officially announced four tablets today to be featured at CES. Samsung will be releasing its Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO lines. The company boasts its two new tablets packing the biggest 12.2-inch screen panel. Pricing and availability are yet to be announced.
If rumours prove to be false and Samsung will not be manufacturing the Nexus 10 2, then perhaps another set of rumours could be right. According to rumours, Google could tap other partners like LG and ASUS in making the Nexus 10 2. However, consumers must wait for the confirmation from Google. Google have missed numerous rumoured release dates since November, and the company remains tight lipped on the details of the tablet.
The first generation of Google Nexus 10 was released in Nov 2012 and is already more than a year old. Some of the rumoured features of the tablet are 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, 2 GB of RAM and 8 MP rear camera. The tablet may also pack either a Tegra 4 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip processor. The device will most likely come in 16 and 32 GB internal storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports