No Google Nexus 10 2 Release at CES 2014 as Samsung Busy With Own Tablet Line?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2014 12:03 PM EST
It seemed that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date will not be on the Consumers Electronics Show (CES), as Samsung has its plate full with its own tablets.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
The CES is already kicking off today, but Google may disappoint waiting fans, as it may once again skip the Nexus 10 2 rumoured release date at event, according to Phone Arena.
DigiTimes reported on Jan 3 that Google "is expected" to announce its new Nexus 10 at the electronics trade show happening in Las Vegas. The new tablet will be manufactured by Samsung. The report added that the Nexus 10 2 may pack an AMOLED screen display with the same pixel resolution. Also, the tablet will run with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
Rumours also assumed that Google will hold its own launching event for the Nexus 10 2 ahead of the tech event. Obviously, there was none, while the device's rumoured manufacturer is busy with its own tablet line.
Samsung officially announced four tablets today to be featured at CES. Samsung will be releasing its Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO lines. The company boasts its two new tablets packing the biggest 12.2-inch screen panel. Pricing and availability are yet to be announced.
If rumours prove to be false and Samsung will not be manufacturing the Nexus 10 2, then perhaps another set of rumours could be right. According to rumours, Google could tap other partners like LG and ASUS in making the Nexus 10 2. However, consumers must wait for the confirmation from Google. Google have missed numerous rumoured release dates since November, and the company remains tight lipped on the details of the tablet.
The first generation of Google Nexus 10 was released in Nov 2012 and is already more than a year old. Some of the rumoured features of the tablet are 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, 2 GB of RAM and 8 MP rear camera. The tablet may also pack either a Tegra 4 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip processor. The device will most likely come in 16 and 32 GB internal storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report