No Google Nexus 10 2 Release at CES 2014 as Samsung Busy With Own Tablet Line?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2014 12:03 PM EST
It seemed that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date will not be on the Consumers Electronics Show (CES), as Samsung has its plate full with its own tablets.
Photo of the Nexus 10, taken from http://developer.android.com/about/versions/jelly-bean.html, which is released under CC 2.5 Attribution. Portions of this page are reproduced from work created and shared by the Android Open Source Project and used according to terms described in the Creative Commons 2.5 Attribution License.
The CES is already kicking off today, but Google may disappoint waiting fans, as it may once again skip the Nexus 10 2 rumoured release date at event, according to Phone Arena.
DigiTimes reported on Jan 3 that Google "is expected" to announce its new Nexus 10 at the electronics trade show happening in Las Vegas. The new tablet will be manufactured by Samsung. The report added that the Nexus 10 2 may pack an AMOLED screen display with the same pixel resolution. Also, the tablet will run with the latest Android 4.4 Kitkat OS.
Rumours also assumed that Google will hold its own launching event for the Nexus 10 2 ahead of the tech event. Obviously, there was none, while the device's rumoured manufacturer is busy with its own tablet line.
Samsung officially announced four tablets today to be featured at CES. Samsung will be releasing its Galaxy NotePRO and TabPRO lines. The company boasts its two new tablets packing the biggest 12.2-inch screen panel. Pricing and availability are yet to be announced.
If rumours prove to be false and Samsung will not be manufacturing the Nexus 10 2, then perhaps another set of rumours could be right. According to rumours, Google could tap other partners like LG and ASUS in making the Nexus 10 2. However, consumers must wait for the confirmation from Google. Google have missed numerous rumoured release dates since November, and the company remains tight lipped on the details of the tablet.
The first generation of Google Nexus 10 was released in Nov 2012 and is already more than a year old. Some of the rumoured features of the tablet are 2,560 x 1,600 pixel resolution, 2 GB of RAM and 8 MP rear camera. The tablet may also pack either a Tegra 4 or a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 chip processor. The device will most likely come in 16 and 32 GB internal storage variants.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments