BCS National Championship - Florida State Seminoles vs. Auburn Tigers TV Schedule and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 7, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Dominance vs. Destiny— that’s the main storyline in the final BCS National Championship where the Florida State takes on Auburn Monday night.
Led by Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston, the Seminoles were dominant in regular season play going undefeated in 13 games and have completely dismantled their opponents since the opening game. The Tigers were not as domineering but they did pull off two miraculous wins that brought them to the title game.
Except for a 48-34 win over Boston College in Week 4, Florida State has won by an average margin of victory of over 27 points. This includes an intimidating wins over No. 25 ranked team Maryland, 63-0; No. 3 Clemson, 51-14; No. 7 Miami (FL), 41-14; and No. 20 Duke, 45-7.
Meanwhile, Auburn pulled off miracle wins in the latter part of the regular season to get the other ticket in the national championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. They won via last second plays over (then ranked) #25 Georgia, 43-38 and then the game of the year versus #1 Alabama, 34-28 last Nov 30. They beat No. 5 Missouri in the SEC title game.
The Tigers enter the title game as seven-point underdogs in most sportsbooks owing to the Seminoles standing as the best team on offense (53.0 PPG) and defense (10.7 OPPG-1st) in the nation. Auburn ranks first in the ground game, however, averaging 335.7 rushing yards per game and will test Florida’s State’s dreaded defense.
The game will be covered LIVE across ESPN channels in the United States.
Florida State Seminoles Trends
- Seminoles are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games
- Seminoles are 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 bowl games
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. non-conference teams
- Seminoles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in January
Auburn Tigers Trends
- Tigers are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 games
- Tigers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games after an ATS win
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on neutral site
- Tigers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games vs. ACC teams
- Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. non-conference teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Happy Houston Rockets Sent Him To LA Lakers
- Jeremy Lin's Trade To Los Angeles Lakers Is An Opportunity To Reinvent His Brand
- American Heavyweight Boxer Amir Mansour Says It’s Disrespectful For 50 Cent To Take Jabs At Floyd Mayweather On Social Media
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group B Preview, Schedule and Key Players: Argentina, Greece, Croatia Favourites To Top Opening Round
- Emmys 2014 Projected Winners: Betting Odds Favour “Orange is the New Black”, “Breaking Bad”
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza