BCS National Championship - Florida State Seminoles vs. Auburn Tigers TV Schedule and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 7, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Dominance vs. Destiny— that’s the main storyline in the final BCS National Championship where the Florida State takes on Auburn Monday night.
Led by Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston, the Seminoles were dominant in regular season play going undefeated in 13 games and have completely dismantled their opponents since the opening game. The Tigers were not as domineering but they did pull off two miraculous wins that brought them to the title game.
Except for a 48-34 win over Boston College in Week 4, Florida State has won by an average margin of victory of over 27 points. This includes an intimidating wins over No. 25 ranked team Maryland, 63-0; No. 3 Clemson, 51-14; No. 7 Miami (FL), 41-14; and No. 20 Duke, 45-7.
Meanwhile, Auburn pulled off miracle wins in the latter part of the regular season to get the other ticket in the national championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. They won via last second plays over (then ranked) #25 Georgia, 43-38 and then the game of the year versus #1 Alabama, 34-28 last Nov 30. They beat No. 5 Missouri in the SEC title game.
The Tigers enter the title game as seven-point underdogs in most sportsbooks owing to the Seminoles standing as the best team on offense (53.0 PPG) and defense (10.7 OPPG-1st) in the nation. Auburn ranks first in the ground game, however, averaging 335.7 rushing yards per game and will test Florida’s State’s dreaded defense.
The game will be covered LIVE across ESPN channels in the United States.
Florida State Seminoles Trends
- Seminoles are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games
- Seminoles are 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 bowl games
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. non-conference teams
- Seminoles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in January
Auburn Tigers Trends
- Tigers are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 games
- Tigers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games after an ATS win
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on neutral site
- Tigers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games vs. ACC teams
- Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. non-conference teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- UEFA Champions League Draw Result and Replay: Arsenal Joins Toughest Group, Cristiano Ronaldo Named Best Player In Europe [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans