BCS National Championship - Florida State Seminoles vs. Auburn Tigers TV Schedule and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 7, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Dominance vs. Destiny— that’s the main storyline in the final BCS National Championship where the Florida State takes on Auburn Monday night.
Led by Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston, the Seminoles were dominant in regular season play going undefeated in 13 games and have completely dismantled their opponents since the opening game. The Tigers were not as domineering but they did pull off two miraculous wins that brought them to the title game.
Except for a 48-34 win over Boston College in Week 4, Florida State has won by an average margin of victory of over 27 points. This includes an intimidating wins over No. 25 ranked team Maryland, 63-0; No. 3 Clemson, 51-14; No. 7 Miami (FL), 41-14; and No. 20 Duke, 45-7.
Meanwhile, Auburn pulled off miracle wins in the latter part of the regular season to get the other ticket in the national championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. They won via last second plays over (then ranked) #25 Georgia, 43-38 and then the game of the year versus #1 Alabama, 34-28 last Nov 30. They beat No. 5 Missouri in the SEC title game.
The Tigers enter the title game as seven-point underdogs in most sportsbooks owing to the Seminoles standing as the best team on offense (53.0 PPG) and defense (10.7 OPPG-1st) in the nation. Auburn ranks first in the ground game, however, averaging 335.7 rushing yards per game and will test Florida’s State’s dreaded defense.
The game will be covered LIVE across ESPN channels in the United States.
Florida State Seminoles Trends
- Seminoles are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games
- Seminoles are 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 bowl games
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. non-conference teams
- Seminoles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in January
Auburn Tigers Trends
- Tigers are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 games
- Tigers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games after an ATS win
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on neutral site
- Tigers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games vs. ACC teams
- Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. non-conference teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]