BCS National Championship - Florida State Seminoles vs. Auburn Tigers TV Schedule and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 7, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Dominance vs. Destiny— that’s the main storyline in the final BCS National Championship where the Florida State takes on Auburn Monday night.
Led by Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston, the Seminoles were dominant in regular season play going undefeated in 13 games and have completely dismantled their opponents since the opening game. The Tigers were not as domineering but they did pull off two miraculous wins that brought them to the title game.
Except for a 48-34 win over Boston College in Week 4, Florida State has won by an average margin of victory of over 27 points. This includes an intimidating wins over No. 25 ranked team Maryland, 63-0; No. 3 Clemson, 51-14; No. 7 Miami (FL), 41-14; and No. 20 Duke, 45-7.
Meanwhile, Auburn pulled off miracle wins in the latter part of the regular season to get the other ticket in the national championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. They won via last second plays over (then ranked) #25 Georgia, 43-38 and then the game of the year versus #1 Alabama, 34-28 last Nov 30. They beat No. 5 Missouri in the SEC title game.
The Tigers enter the title game as seven-point underdogs in most sportsbooks owing to the Seminoles standing as the best team on offense (53.0 PPG) and defense (10.7 OPPG-1st) in the nation. Auburn ranks first in the ground game, however, averaging 335.7 rushing yards per game and will test Florida’s State’s dreaded defense.
The game will be covered LIVE across ESPN channels in the United States.
Florida State Seminoles Trends
- Seminoles are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games
- Seminoles are 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 bowl games
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. non-conference teams
- Seminoles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in January
Auburn Tigers Trends
- Tigers are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 games
- Tigers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games after an ATS win
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on neutral site
- Tigers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games vs. ACC teams
- Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. non-conference teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Jeremy Lin Seeks Respect From Lakers Star Kobe Bryant
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown