BCS National Championship - Florida State Seminoles vs. Auburn Tigers TV Schedule and Game Preview
By James Patrick Quizon | January 7, 2014 11:30 AM EST
Dominance vs. Destiny— that’s the main storyline in the final BCS National Championship where the Florida State takes on Auburn Monday night.
Led by Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston, the Seminoles were dominant in regular season play going undefeated in 13 games and have completely dismantled their opponents since the opening game. The Tigers were not as domineering but they did pull off two miraculous wins that brought them to the title game.
Except for a 48-34 win over Boston College in Week 4, Florida State has won by an average margin of victory of over 27 points. This includes an intimidating wins over No. 25 ranked team Maryland, 63-0; No. 3 Clemson, 51-14; No. 7 Miami (FL), 41-14; and No. 20 Duke, 45-7.
Meanwhile, Auburn pulled off miracle wins in the latter part of the regular season to get the other ticket in the national championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. They won via last second plays over (then ranked) #25 Georgia, 43-38 and then the game of the year versus #1 Alabama, 34-28 last Nov 30. They beat No. 5 Missouri in the SEC title game.
The Tigers enter the title game as seven-point underdogs in most sportsbooks owing to the Seminoles standing as the best team on offense (53.0 PPG) and defense (10.7 OPPG-1st) in the nation. Auburn ranks first in the ground game, however, averaging 335.7 rushing yards per game and will test Florida’s State’s dreaded defense.
The game will be covered LIVE across ESPN channels in the United States.
Florida State Seminoles Trends
- Seminoles are 12-2 ATS in their last 14 games
- Seminoles are 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 bowl games
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with winning records
- Seminoles are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games vs. non-conference teams
- Seminoles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in January
Auburn Tigers Trends
- Tigers are 11-1 ATS in their last 12 games
- Tigers are 9-0 ATS in their last 9 games after an ATS win
- Tigers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games on neutral site
- Tigers are 2-7 ATS in their last 9 games vs. ACC teams
- Tigers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games vs. non-conference teams
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: Parents of Australian Passenger Want ‘Space Scientists’ to Investigate Crash; Believe in ‘Possibility’ of Survival -- Report
- Childhood Obesity is Strongly Linked With Early Puberty: Study Reveals
- Why Internet of Things is the Next Big Thing for Tech Giants like Samsung, Google and Apple
- Instagram's Newest App Bolt Now Available Exclusively in New Zealand, Singapore and South Africa
- Megan Fox's Weight Loss Aided by Low Carb Paleo Diet: Benefits of the Diet