Would You Join the Selfie Olympic?
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 7, 2014 11:23 AM EST
The selfie continues to evolve from just being a trend and the buzz word of 2013 to becoming an official game in 2014: the Selfie Olympics.
According to Business Insider, the only goal of this competition involving self photo-taking, is to come up with the most ridiculous, crazy selfie that would blow the mind of everyone.
A couple takes a "selfie" following an ice storm in Toronto, December 22, 2013. REUTERS/Mark Blinch
To help promote this self-centred competition, a Facebook page with almost 50,000 likes was set up. Other social media sites that also promote selfies are part of the promotion too, such as Instagram where by searching for the hashtag #Selfie Olympics, more than 20,000 images would show up. There are also several Twitter accounts dedicated to Selfie images.
On the Facebook fan page, one of the most common themes is selfies of people who are atop an ajar door. There is even a YouTube video providing tips on how to do a door selfie. Here is that video.
From attention-craving young people, the selfie bug is spreading around like a virus and biting more people, even older ones like Oscar-award winning actress Meryl Streep and Pope Francis.
Do you think they too would join the Selfie Olympics?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L 5.0 Eligible And Ineligible Devices: Nexus Gadgets, Google Play Edition And Android One
- Know More About ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Team Aqua And Magma, Pokemon Bank and Global Link
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Dates Set To Hit 3 Areas As Early As September
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ And ‘Rogue’ Updates: More Revealed For Co-Op, Collector’s Edition And Possible PC Debut
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone