Queen of Twerk Slammed by Sir David Jason: ‘Miley Cyrus is an epitome of eroding standards in society’
By Riza Ornos | January 7, 2014 11:16 AM EST
With society's standards going down the drain, Queen of Twerk Miley Cyrus was slammed by "Only Fools and Horses" star Sir David Jason thanks to her raunchy antics on and off the stage. The legendary actor has been an unlikely onlooker as 21-year-old pop star continues to generate controversy through her risqué performances and calls her the perfect "epitome of eroding standards in society."
Miley Cyrus performs "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California in this November 24, 2013, file photo
Sir David Jason spoke to The Sun on Sunday saying that society is the main culprit for giving Miley the green light as she continues her racy performances and subtle hints about her drug references. The 73-year-old actor, best known for his role as market trader Derek Trotter in "Only Fools and Horses," claims her last year's antics triggered outrageous behaviour and now "it slowly drip feeds, erodes standards of politeness, manners and morality."
"It just drips and it takes us further and further down, and instead of inspiring us to look up, we are all going down," adds Sir David Jason.
Indeed, everything that happened from her controversial VMA performance to almost-porn music videos society allowed it to happen and was in fact craving for more of her risqué antics.
"She has done it to break the mould. I can understand why, but we have given her the oxygen of publicity and encouraged it, so young girls will think it is the right way to attract men. We've lost our standards," adds Sir Jason further.
After Sinead O'Connor, Sir David Jason couldn't help but to speak up the alarming concerns and the effects of these kinds of risqué behaviour. Jason comments come shortly when "Titanic" star Kate Winslet also expressed her views and is worried about Cyrus.
"I mean, you think about someone like Miley Cyrus, and I said to my daughter the other day, 'I'm this close to opening my mouth about what's going on with that girl'. Who is actually saying, 'Stop for a second, what do you want, who are you?'" says Winslet in an interview with Psychologies magazine.
But according to Miley everything that is happening on stage is her taking a character. "There's a sex scene in pretty much every single movie, and they go, 'Well, that's a character'. Well, that's a character," explains Miley as she defends her on-stage persona.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- Ryan Gosling And Eva Mendes Gushes Over Newborn Daughter
- ‘Top Gun 2’ Update: ‘The Jungle Book’ Writer Onboard, Tom Cruise Likely To Reprise His Role
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- 'ISIL Has To Be Defeated, Plain And Simple, End Of Story,' Sen. John Kerry
- New Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Released, Verizon Guide and Installation