Queen of Twerk Slammed by Sir David Jason: ‘Miley Cyrus is an epitome of eroding standards in society’
By Riza Ornos | January 7, 2014 11:16 AM EST
With society's standards going down the drain, Queen of Twerk Miley Cyrus was slammed by "Only Fools and Horses" star Sir David Jason thanks to her raunchy antics on and off the stage. The legendary actor has been an unlikely onlooker as 21-year-old pop star continues to generate controversy through her risqué performances and calls her the perfect "epitome of eroding standards in society."
Miley Cyrus performs "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California in this November 24, 2013, file photo
Sir David Jason spoke to The Sun on Sunday saying that society is the main culprit for giving Miley the green light as she continues her racy performances and subtle hints about her drug references. The 73-year-old actor, best known for his role as market trader Derek Trotter in "Only Fools and Horses," claims her last year's antics triggered outrageous behaviour and now "it slowly drip feeds, erodes standards of politeness, manners and morality."
"It just drips and it takes us further and further down, and instead of inspiring us to look up, we are all going down," adds Sir David Jason.
Indeed, everything that happened from her controversial VMA performance to almost-porn music videos society allowed it to happen and was in fact craving for more of her risqué antics.
"She has done it to break the mould. I can understand why, but we have given her the oxygen of publicity and encouraged it, so young girls will think it is the right way to attract men. We've lost our standards," adds Sir Jason further.
After Sinead O'Connor, Sir David Jason couldn't help but to speak up the alarming concerns and the effects of these kinds of risqué behaviour. Jason comments come shortly when "Titanic" star Kate Winslet also expressed her views and is worried about Cyrus.
"I mean, you think about someone like Miley Cyrus, and I said to my daughter the other day, 'I'm this close to opening my mouth about what's going on with that girl'. Who is actually saying, 'Stop for a second, what do you want, who are you?'" says Winslet in an interview with Psychologies magazine.
But according to Miley everything that is happening on stage is her taking a character. "There's a sex scene in pretty much every single movie, and they go, 'Well, that's a character'. Well, that's a character," explains Miley as she defends her on-stage persona.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage