Queen of Twerk Slammed by Sir David Jason: ‘Miley Cyrus is an epitome of eroding standards in society’
By Riza Ornos | January 7, 2014 11:16 AM EST
With society's standards going down the drain, Queen of Twerk Miley Cyrus was slammed by "Only Fools and Horses" star Sir David Jason thanks to her raunchy antics on and off the stage. The legendary actor has been an unlikely onlooker as 21-year-old pop star continues to generate controversy through her risqué performances and calls her the perfect "epitome of eroding standards in society."
Miley Cyrus performs "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California in this November 24, 2013, file photo
Sir David Jason spoke to The Sun on Sunday saying that society is the main culprit for giving Miley the green light as she continues her racy performances and subtle hints about her drug references. The 73-year-old actor, best known for his role as market trader Derek Trotter in "Only Fools and Horses," claims her last year's antics triggered outrageous behaviour and now "it slowly drip feeds, erodes standards of politeness, manners and morality."
"It just drips and it takes us further and further down, and instead of inspiring us to look up, we are all going down," adds Sir David Jason.
Indeed, everything that happened from her controversial VMA performance to almost-porn music videos society allowed it to happen and was in fact craving for more of her risqué antics.
"She has done it to break the mould. I can understand why, but we have given her the oxygen of publicity and encouraged it, so young girls will think it is the right way to attract men. We've lost our standards," adds Sir Jason further.
After Sinead O'Connor, Sir David Jason couldn't help but to speak up the alarming concerns and the effects of these kinds of risqué behaviour. Jason comments come shortly when "Titanic" star Kate Winslet also expressed her views and is worried about Cyrus.
"I mean, you think about someone like Miley Cyrus, and I said to my daughter the other day, 'I'm this close to opening my mouth about what's going on with that girl'. Who is actually saying, 'Stop for a second, what do you want, who are you?'" says Winslet in an interview with Psychologies magazine.
But according to Miley everything that is happening on stage is her taking a character. "There's a sex scene in pretty much every single movie, and they go, 'Well, that's a character'. Well, that's a character," explains Miley as she defends her on-stage persona.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Brad Pitt Still in Love with Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston, Staying with Angelina Jolie for Sake of Kids, Claims Brad's Psychic
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Transfer News: Manchester United's Possible Transfer Options For This Season
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- Kendall And Kylie Jenner Make Their Big Brother Proud
- Kanye West's 2010 Album 'My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy' is Album of the Decade
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- More Nexus 8/Nexus 9 Release Confirmed with More Leaks and Out of Stock Nexus 7 and 10
- James Foley: Release of Beheading Video by ISIS Meant to Attract More Recruits to Join the Cause – Intelligence
- 2015 Ford Mustang: Right-Hand Drive Pony Car To Be Available In Australia Next Year
- James Foley: ISIS Demanded Multimillion Ransom, US Refused To Pay---Reports