Queen of Twerk Slammed by Sir David Jason: ‘Miley Cyrus is an epitome of eroding standards in society’
By Riza Ornos | January 7, 2014 11:16 AM EST
With society's standards going down the drain, Queen of Twerk Miley Cyrus was slammed by "Only Fools and Horses" star Sir David Jason thanks to her raunchy antics on and off the stage. The legendary actor has been an unlikely onlooker as 21-year-old pop star continues to generate controversy through her risqué performances and calls her the perfect "epitome of eroding standards in society."
Miley Cyrus performs "Wrecking Ball" at the 41st American Music Awards in Los Angeles, California in this November 24, 2013, file photo
Sir David Jason spoke to The Sun on Sunday saying that society is the main culprit for giving Miley the green light as she continues her racy performances and subtle hints about her drug references. The 73-year-old actor, best known for his role as market trader Derek Trotter in "Only Fools and Horses," claims her last year's antics triggered outrageous behaviour and now "it slowly drip feeds, erodes standards of politeness, manners and morality."
"It just drips and it takes us further and further down, and instead of inspiring us to look up, we are all going down," adds Sir David Jason.
Indeed, everything that happened from her controversial VMA performance to almost-porn music videos society allowed it to happen and was in fact craving for more of her risqué antics.
"She has done it to break the mould. I can understand why, but we have given her the oxygen of publicity and encouraged it, so young girls will think it is the right way to attract men. We've lost our standards," adds Sir Jason further.
After Sinead O'Connor, Sir David Jason couldn't help but to speak up the alarming concerns and the effects of these kinds of risqué behaviour. Jason comments come shortly when "Titanic" star Kate Winslet also expressed her views and is worried about Cyrus.
"I mean, you think about someone like Miley Cyrus, and I said to my daughter the other day, 'I'm this close to opening my mouth about what's going on with that girl'. Who is actually saying, 'Stop for a second, what do you want, who are you?'" says Winslet in an interview with Psychologies magazine.
But according to Miley everything that is happening on stage is her taking a character. "There's a sex scene in pretty much every single movie, and they go, 'Well, that's a character'. Well, that's a character," explains Miley as she defends her on-stage persona.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones