Ohio College Student Loses Testicle in Fraternity Hazing Rites; School Bans Organisation
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 7, 2014 10:55 AM EST
Nineteen-year-old student Tyler Lawrence is surely regretting his decision to join the Gamma Phi Gamma fraternity in Wilmington College in Ohio. It's because of the brotherhood's harsh initiation rites in late November 2013, he lost one of his nuts.
Mr Lawrence lost a testicle because he was hit on the balls with a towel fashioned as a weapon, Smoking Gun quotes the student's search warrant affidavit.
The hit on the family jewels was so bad that the poor student had to undergo a medical procedure that removed one of his testicles.
The towel hit, which probably mimics a shower room prank among male students, is just one of the harsh hazing rites that new recruits of the oldest local fraternity in the U.S. undergo. Other physical and psychological endurance tests with sexual undertones that new recruits endure just to be considered a "brother" include application of hot ointment on their naked bodies, placing bananas soaked in vinegar inside their mount and simulation of sexual intercourse using stuffed balls.
In other schools and countries, new recruits suffer more than just the embarrassment and physical pain inflicted in initiation rites. Many students have actually died from excessive force used such as boat paddle to hit the limbs and backside of would-be fraternity members.
YouTube/Tau Gamma Phi
As a result of what happened to Mr Lawrence, the judicial board at Quaker college permanently withdrew recognition of the Gamma Phi Gamma fraternity which could, however, make one final appeal to the college president on the board decision.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]