Nintendo Title Bravely Default Modulates Scantily Dressed Characters for Western Release, Demo for U.S. Released [VIDEO]
By Aditya Bhat | January 6, 2014 9:33 PM EST
Developer and publisher, Square Unix's new game for Nintendo 3DS - Bravely Default: Flying Fairy- has been censored by the company for its upcoming release and has modulated the use of scanty costumes and age of the characters, a post on IGN Forums said.
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy will release on 7 February, 2014.
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy is a Japanese video game that is billed as the spiritual successor of the 2010's Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light. Having already released in Japan on 5 December and Europe on 6 December, North America's release is slated for 7 February, 2014.
The localization of the game's content for both European and North America have undergone censorship in terms of the ages of the main characters. They were changed from 15 in Japanese version to 18 in western version, while the ages of other characters were changed from 17 to 20, noted The Final Fantasy Wiki.
Apart from this, it was spotted that the costumes of the characters were also changed according to BangSilverGang, a forum user. The user posted the photograph showcasing the difference and the act to cover the characters that were scantily dressed. He also said that the translation from Japanese to English also made the studio - responsible for the localization -drop many of the dialogues that suggested sexual innuendos from the game.
This is not the first time that the content has been edited to suit the local audience while adapting the release from Japanese to western world. Japanese title, Fire Emblem: Awakening had a DLC mission called Summer Scramble that was edited when being released to western countries. The game had a scene that explicitly showed the backside of a female character in the game which was blocked in the Western release by a cloth piece.
Bravely Default is being released in North America with a T for Teen rating and it was rated Cero C or 15-plus in Japan.
Meanwhile, the demo of the game has been out on the U.S. eShop. This demo has a side-quest that is unique because it is not present in the full game. Moreover, the progress of the character will be carried over to the main game.
(YouTube Courtesy: NiNTENDOMiNATi0N)
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Android L and Windows Phone 8.1: Top Features Why Users Must Upgrade As Soon As Possible
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- US, Syria to Work Together to Vaporise ISIS
- European Central Bank Advises Action to Boost Demand and Employment In EU