‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office Collection: Aamir Starrer Grosses over ₹500 crore Worldwide
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 6, 2014 9:30 PM EST
Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" is continuing its good run at the box office even in its third week. The film's performance was better than the new releases "Sholay 3D" and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" in its third weekend at the Indian box office.
Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer Dhoom 3 will not be promoted on Bigg Boss 7 (Photo: Dhoom3TheMovie/facebook)
"Dhoom 3" raked in over ₹12 crore at the Indian box office, which was higher than the collections fetched by "Sholay 3D" (₹6.30 crore) and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" (₹2 crore) in their first weekend.
"#Dhoom3 language-wise breakup: Hindi 257.73 cr. Tamil & Telugu 12.49 cr. Grand total: 270.22 cr nett. India biz only. Total till 3rd Wknd," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted. [Note these are nett amounts]
The Aamir starrer has done extraordinary business not just in India but also in overseas markets. The film surpassed India collections of "Krrish 3" and emerged as the highest grossing Bollywood film. The action thriller film has also broken overseas records and turned out to be the highest grosser ever in key markets including United States-Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The film has reportedly grossed over ₹500 crore at the worldwide box office. "Dhoom 3" India gross is ₹351.27 crore after the third weekend, whereas the film earned $24.01 million (₹149.47 crore) at overseas markets. [Note: the overseas market figures have been calculated till third week Friday (3 January)]. The Aamir starrer has created history by emerging as the first Hindi film to have crossed the ₹500-crore mark worldwide.
"Dhoom 3" has emerged as a big winner at the box office and Aamir has once again proved that he is the box office king. Aamir's "Ghajini" created the ₹100 crore club and "3 Idiots" started the ₹200 crore club. "Dhoom 3" is expected to start the ₹300 crore club.
However, it might not happen as the film's collections have begun to decline. With new releases coming up in the next few weeks, "Dhoom 3" is expected to struggle to sustain its momentum at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date