‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office Collection: Aamir Starrer Grosses over ₹500 crore Worldwide
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 6, 2014 9:30 PM EST
Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" is continuing its good run at the box office even in its third week. The film's performance was better than the new releases "Sholay 3D" and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" in its third weekend at the Indian box office.
Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer Dhoom 3 will not be promoted on Bigg Boss 7 (Photo: Dhoom3TheMovie/facebook)
"Dhoom 3" raked in over ₹12 crore at the Indian box office, which was higher than the collections fetched by "Sholay 3D" (₹6.30 crore) and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" (₹2 crore) in their first weekend.
"#Dhoom3 language-wise breakup: Hindi 257.73 cr. Tamil & Telugu 12.49 cr. Grand total: 270.22 cr nett. India biz only. Total till 3rd Wknd," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted. [Note these are nett amounts]
The Aamir starrer has done extraordinary business not just in India but also in overseas markets. The film surpassed India collections of "Krrish 3" and emerged as the highest grossing Bollywood film. The action thriller film has also broken overseas records and turned out to be the highest grosser ever in key markets including United States-Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The film has reportedly grossed over ₹500 crore at the worldwide box office. "Dhoom 3" India gross is ₹351.27 crore after the third weekend, whereas the film earned $24.01 million (₹149.47 crore) at overseas markets. [Note: the overseas market figures have been calculated till third week Friday (3 January)]. The Aamir starrer has created history by emerging as the first Hindi film to have crossed the ₹500-crore mark worldwide.
"Dhoom 3" has emerged as a big winner at the box office and Aamir has once again proved that he is the box office king. Aamir's "Ghajini" created the ₹100 crore club and "3 Idiots" started the ₹200 crore club. "Dhoom 3" is expected to start the ₹300 crore club.
However, it might not happen as the film's collections have begun to decline. With new releases coming up in the next few weeks, "Dhoom 3" is expected to struggle to sustain its momentum at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar