‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office Collection: Aamir Starrer Grosses over ₹500 crore Worldwide
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 6, 2014 9:30 PM EST
Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" is continuing its good run at the box office even in its third week. The film's performance was better than the new releases "Sholay 3D" and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" in its third weekend at the Indian box office.
Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer Dhoom 3 will not be promoted on Bigg Boss 7 (Photo: Dhoom3TheMovie/facebook)
"Dhoom 3" raked in over ₹12 crore at the Indian box office, which was higher than the collections fetched by "Sholay 3D" (₹6.30 crore) and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" (₹2 crore) in their first weekend.
"#Dhoom3 language-wise breakup: Hindi 257.73 cr. Tamil & Telugu 12.49 cr. Grand total: 270.22 cr nett. India biz only. Total till 3rd Wknd," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted. [Note these are nett amounts]
The Aamir starrer has done extraordinary business not just in India but also in overseas markets. The film surpassed India collections of "Krrish 3" and emerged as the highest grossing Bollywood film. The action thriller film has also broken overseas records and turned out to be the highest grosser ever in key markets including United States-Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The film has reportedly grossed over ₹500 crore at the worldwide box office. "Dhoom 3" India gross is ₹351.27 crore after the third weekend, whereas the film earned $24.01 million (₹149.47 crore) at overseas markets. [Note: the overseas market figures have been calculated till third week Friday (3 January)]. The Aamir starrer has created history by emerging as the first Hindi film to have crossed the ₹500-crore mark worldwide.
"Dhoom 3" has emerged as a big winner at the box office and Aamir has once again proved that he is the box office king. Aamir's "Ghajini" created the ₹100 crore club and "3 Idiots" started the ₹200 crore club. "Dhoom 3" is expected to start the ₹300 crore club.
However, it might not happen as the film's collections have begun to decline. With new releases coming up in the next few weeks, "Dhoom 3" is expected to struggle to sustain its momentum at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles