‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office Collection: Aamir Starrer Grosses over ₹500 crore Worldwide
By sangeetha seshagiri | January 6, 2014 9:30 PM EST
Aamir Khan's "Dhoom 3" is continuing its good run at the box office even in its third week. The film's performance was better than the new releases "Sholay 3D" and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" in its third weekend at the Indian box office.
Aamir Khan and Katrina Kaif starrer Dhoom 3 will not be promoted on Bigg Boss 7 (Photo: Dhoom3TheMovie/facebook)
"Dhoom 3" raked in over ₹12 crore at the Indian box office, which was higher than the collections fetched by "Sholay 3D" (₹6.30 crore) and "Mr B Joe Carvalho" (₹2 crore) in their first weekend.
"#Dhoom3 language-wise breakup: Hindi 257.73 cr. Tamil & Telugu 12.49 cr. Grand total: 270.22 cr nett. India biz only. Total till 3rd Wknd," film critic and trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted. [Note these are nett amounts]
The Aamir starrer has done extraordinary business not just in India but also in overseas markets. The film surpassed India collections of "Krrish 3" and emerged as the highest grossing Bollywood film. The action thriller film has also broken overseas records and turned out to be the highest grosser ever in key markets including United States-Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
The film has reportedly grossed over ₹500 crore at the worldwide box office. "Dhoom 3" India gross is ₹351.27 crore after the third weekend, whereas the film earned $24.01 million (₹149.47 crore) at overseas markets. [Note: the overseas market figures have been calculated till third week Friday (3 January)]. The Aamir starrer has created history by emerging as the first Hindi film to have crossed the ₹500-crore mark worldwide.
"Dhoom 3" has emerged as a big winner at the box office and Aamir has once again proved that he is the box office king. Aamir's "Ghajini" created the ₹100 crore club and "3 Idiots" started the ₹200 crore club. "Dhoom 3" is expected to start the ₹300 crore club.
However, it might not happen as the film's collections have begun to decline. With new releases coming up in the next few weeks, "Dhoom 3" is expected to struggle to sustain its momentum at the box office.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Trailer Reveals Sith Plus John Boyega And Daisy Ridley’s Characters And Much More—Reports
- Cameron Diaz, Benji Madden Engaged – Reports
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Winner: Eliminated Contestants Predict Who Could Win It All
- Channing Tatum-Jenna Dewan Tatum Split: Channing Disregards Amber Heard Link-Up Reports, Says Wife 'Puts Everything in Perspective'
- Prince Harry Enjoys Three-Day Visit To Oman, Picks Up Present For Prince George And Performs With Traditional Sword Dancers
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports