CES 2014: Kolibree’s Connected Intelligent Toothbrush Unveiled
By Rohit KVN | January 6, 2014 8:52 PM EST
A French based start-up company, Kolibree with its intelligent electronic toothbrush, has caught the attention of the world media at the ongoing International CES (Consumer Electronics Show) 2014.
Kolibree press kit
Kolibree smart toothbrush is fitted with accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer to track how well the user brushes the teeth and gives scores on mobile dash board on the smartphone via Bluetooth. That’s not all; it also tells which part of the mouth you missed and suggest you techniques to improve the effectiveness of the brushing session.
The company's pet project, Kolibree smart electronic toothbrush, touted as the world's first internet connected oral hygiene device is a brain child of Cessot and Thomas Serval, an ex Microsoft and Google employee.
Kolibree smart toothbrush is fitted with accelerometer, gyroscope and magnetometer to track how well the user brushes the teeth and gives scores on mobile dash board on the smartphone via Bluetooth. That's not all; it also tells which part of the mouth you missed and suggest you techniques to improve the effectiveness of the brushing session.
Here is the Kolibree smart toothbrush video (Courtesy, Loic Cessot):
The smart toothbrush technology may sound gimmicky to some, but many tech pundits opine that this Kolibree device is an effective tool to monitor the oral hygiene of kids, who quite often outwit their elders about their brushing activities and still end up at the dentist chair for tartar removal.
Kolibree smart application is developed with family in mind, to keep tab on each other's oral hygiene. It allows an individual to tag multiple tooth brushes (max five). If progress is found in the technique and overall health of the teeth, it gives points. That feature is especially good because it motivates kids.
The Kolibree connected toothbrush will be available starting in Q3 2014, but will be ready for pre-order starting this summer, says the company.
Prospective buyers can place orders through 'Kickstarter' (world's biggest crowd-funding platform) with global shipment service. The price of the smart toothbrush will range from $99 (around ₹6,200) to $200 (around ₹12,500) depending on the model and will include a free mobile app.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]