2014 Honda City Diesel Coming to India Tomorrow; Price, Specifications Details
By greeshma m | January 6, 2014 8:29 PM EST
The wait is over. The much anticipated Honda City diesel will hit Indian auto market on 7 January. The City which is expected to be a fortune changer for the company will reach the domestic market with diesel option for the first time in City's history.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
The car which is adored by many sedan lovers in India has been receiving overwhelming response since its global launch in November. The dealers across India have started accepting the bookings for the 2014 Honda City with an advance payment of as low as ₹50,000. However, the features of the fourth generation of City is still under wraps. The company has confirmed that the upcoming Honda City diesel is going to be India's most fuel efficient car by offering a fabulous 26kmpl mileage.
2014 Honda City in a nutshell
The 2014 City which bases its style on Honda's new design philosophy - "EXCITING H DESIGN!!!" is built on the 2014 Jazz/Fit platform. As per the leaked reports and rumours, the City will entice auto lovers with five variants which will include E, S, SV, V and VX and all five variants of the City diesel will pack safety features like ABS, EBD and a driver airbag as standard.
The top variant Honda City VX will boast of features like Smart Key, Pinch Guard, Cruise Control and Rear parking Camera. The In-built Music System with USB, Aux, FM, CD, and MP3, Blue tooth, 5" Monitor, 6Spkrs and 2Tweeters are exclusive for the top two variant City V and City VX. Along with this, the top variants will also get touch panel for AC, Push Button start and Sunroof.
The petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine, which churns out a power of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes with a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which is also used in the Honda Amaze. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm. The petrol model of City will come in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic, which will be offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
The car which is expected to be a strong challenger of Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Polo and Skoda Rapid is likely to fall in the price range of ₹8-12 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock EPS Raised to $7.67 Per Share; Apple Pay Could Be Promising in Australia
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date