2014 Honda City Diesel Coming to India Tomorrow; Price, Specifications Details
By greeshma m | January 6, 2014 8:29 PM EST
The wait is over. The much anticipated Honda City diesel will hit Indian auto market on 7 January. The City which is expected to be a fortune changer for the company will reach the domestic market with diesel option for the first time in City's history.
2014 Honda City Diesel the Most Fuel Efficient Car; Specs and Details Revealed
The car which is adored by many sedan lovers in India has been receiving overwhelming response since its global launch in November. The dealers across India have started accepting the bookings for the 2014 Honda City with an advance payment of as low as ₹50,000. However, the features of the fourth generation of City is still under wraps. The company has confirmed that the upcoming Honda City diesel is going to be India's most fuel efficient car by offering a fabulous 26kmpl mileage.
2014 Honda City in a nutshell
The 2014 City which bases its style on Honda's new design philosophy - "EXCITING H DESIGN!!!" is built on the 2014 Jazz/Fit platform. As per the leaked reports and rumours, the City will entice auto lovers with five variants which will include E, S, SV, V and VX and all five variants of the City diesel will pack safety features like ABS, EBD and a driver airbag as standard.
The top variant Honda City VX will boast of features like Smart Key, Pinch Guard, Cruise Control and Rear parking Camera. The In-built Music System with USB, Aux, FM, CD, and MP3, Blue tooth, 5" Monitor, 6Spkrs and 2Tweeters are exclusive for the top two variant City V and City VX. Along with this, the top variants will also get touch panel for AC, Push Button start and Sunroof.
The petrol version of the City sedan packs a 1.5-litre i-VTEC engine, which churns out a power of 119 PS @ 6600 rpm and 145 Nm torque @ 4600 rpm. The diesel variant comes with a 1.5-litre i-DTEC engine, which is also used in the Honda Amaze. It is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and pumps in 100 PS power @ 3600 rpm and 200 Nm torque @ 1750 rpm. The petrol model of City will come in two variants: 5-speed manual and automatic, which will be offered with a CVT automatic gearbox.
The car which is expected to be a strong challenger of Hyundai Verna, Volkswagen Polo and Skoda Rapid is likely to fall in the price range of ₹8-12 lakh.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock May Reach $150; First Trillion Company Talks, iPhone 6 and Apple Watch Boost Price
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan