Fast and Furious 7: Why Paul Walker's Character Will be Retired Not Killed?
By Sonalee singh | January 6, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Post Paul Walker's death, the makers of Fast and Furious 7 have decided to retire Paul Walker's character Brian O' Connor in the film. Reportedly, in spite of killing the character the production house has decided that Brian will be retiring from his job in the film.
It seems a right kind of tribute to Paul who passed away in a tragic car crash on Nov 30.
However, according to Pete Turner of Yahoomovies.co.uk, "While it would have been wildly inappropriate to have Walker's character dying in a flaming car wreck, killing off Brian would still pack a far bigger punch for fans than retiring the character.
In "Fast and Furious 6" Brian O' Connor is already settled with Mia and his child. Universal Studios has already revealed about their intention of using Paul Walker's footage, which he shot before the death.
As reported by UKmoviesyahoo.com, "Universal studios have confirmed that this is their intention (to keep Paul in the film) and the script will be re-written by Chris Morgan in order to give Walker's character a proper send off."
We think that the creative team is thinking on the right path by retiring Paul's character. Paul is married now and he can very well bid adieu to all the adventure he had taken with his team. Also after Walker's death it was reported that he was planning to retire from acting to spend time with his daughter. Retiring him in the film so that he can be with his family will act as a perfect tribute to his last wish.
The production of Fast and Furious 7 was halted after Paul's death. Universal studios had released a statement in Dec saying, "Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," adding, "At this time we feel is it our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
Fast and Furious 7 will now be release in April 10, 2015 and Cody Walker may replace Paul Walker in the film.
Till then stay tuned for the further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates