Fast and Furious 7: Why Paul Walker's Character Will be Retired Not Killed?
By Sonalee singh | January 6, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Post Paul Walker's death, the makers of Fast and Furious 7 have decided to retire Paul Walker's character Brian O' Connor in the film. Reportedly, in spite of killing the character the production house has decided that Brian will be retiring from his job in the film.
It seems a right kind of tribute to Paul who passed away in a tragic car crash on Nov 30.
However, according to Pete Turner of Yahoomovies.co.uk, "While it would have been wildly inappropriate to have Walker's character dying in a flaming car wreck, killing off Brian would still pack a far bigger punch for fans than retiring the character.
In "Fast and Furious 6" Brian O' Connor is already settled with Mia and his child. Universal Studios has already revealed about their intention of using Paul Walker's footage, which he shot before the death.
As reported by UKmoviesyahoo.com, "Universal studios have confirmed that this is their intention (to keep Paul in the film) and the script will be re-written by Chris Morgan in order to give Walker's character a proper send off."
We think that the creative team is thinking on the right path by retiring Paul's character. Paul is married now and he can very well bid adieu to all the adventure he had taken with his team. Also after Walker's death it was reported that he was planning to retire from acting to spend time with his daughter. Retiring him in the film so that he can be with his family will act as a perfect tribute to his last wish.
The production of Fast and Furious 7 was halted after Paul's death. Universal studios had released a statement in Dec saying, "Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," adding, "At this time we feel is it our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
Fast and Furious 7 will now be release in April 10, 2015 and Cody Walker may replace Paul Walker in the film.
Till then stay tuned for the further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report