Fast and Furious 7: Why Paul Walker's Character Will be Retired Not Killed?
By Sonalee singh | January 6, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Post Paul Walker's death, the makers of Fast and Furious 7 have decided to retire Paul Walker's character Brian O' Connor in the film. Reportedly, in spite of killing the character the production house has decided that Brian will be retiring from his job in the film.
It seems a right kind of tribute to Paul who passed away in a tragic car crash on Nov 30.
However, according to Pete Turner of Yahoomovies.co.uk, "While it would have been wildly inappropriate to have Walker's character dying in a flaming car wreck, killing off Brian would still pack a far bigger punch for fans than retiring the character.
In "Fast and Furious 6" Brian O' Connor is already settled with Mia and his child. Universal Studios has already revealed about their intention of using Paul Walker's footage, which he shot before the death.
As reported by UKmoviesyahoo.com, "Universal studios have confirmed that this is their intention (to keep Paul in the film) and the script will be re-written by Chris Morgan in order to give Walker's character a proper send off."
We think that the creative team is thinking on the right path by retiring Paul's character. Paul is married now and he can very well bid adieu to all the adventure he had taken with his team. Also after Walker's death it was reported that he was planning to retire from acting to spend time with his daughter. Retiring him in the film so that he can be with his family will act as a perfect tribute to his last wish.
The production of Fast and Furious 7 was halted after Paul's death. Universal studios had released a statement in Dec saying, "Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," adding, "At this time we feel is it our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
Fast and Furious 7 will now be release in April 10, 2015 and Cody Walker may replace Paul Walker in the film.
Till then stay tuned for the further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- MH17: Shrapnel Hits Plane, Russia Calls for UN-led Investigation