Fast and Furious 7: Why Paul Walker's Character Will be Retired Not Killed?
By Sonalee singh | January 6, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Post Paul Walker's death, the makers of Fast and Furious 7 have decided to retire Paul Walker's character Brian O' Connor in the film. Reportedly, in spite of killing the character the production house has decided that Brian will be retiring from his job in the film.
It seems a right kind of tribute to Paul who passed away in a tragic car crash on Nov 30.
However, according to Pete Turner of Yahoomovies.co.uk, "While it would have been wildly inappropriate to have Walker's character dying in a flaming car wreck, killing off Brian would still pack a far bigger punch for fans than retiring the character.
In "Fast and Furious 6" Brian O' Connor is already settled with Mia and his child. Universal Studios has already revealed about their intention of using Paul Walker's footage, which he shot before the death.
As reported by UKmoviesyahoo.com, "Universal studios have confirmed that this is their intention (to keep Paul in the film) and the script will be re-written by Chris Morgan in order to give Walker's character a proper send off."
We think that the creative team is thinking on the right path by retiring Paul's character. Paul is married now and he can very well bid adieu to all the adventure he had taken with his team. Also after Walker's death it was reported that he was planning to retire from acting to spend time with his daughter. Retiring him in the film so that he can be with his family will act as a perfect tribute to his last wish.
The production of Fast and Furious 7 was halted after Paul's death. Universal studios had released a statement in Dec saying, "Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," adding, "At this time we feel is it our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
Fast and Furious 7 will now be release in April 10, 2015 and Cody Walker may replace Paul Walker in the film.
Till then stay tuned for the further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2