Fast and Furious 7: Why Paul Walker's Character Will be Retired Not Killed?
By Sonalee singh | January 6, 2014 7:05 PM EST
Post Paul Walker's death, the makers of Fast and Furious 7 have decided to retire Paul Walker's character Brian O' Connor in the film. Reportedly, in spite of killing the character the production house has decided that Brian will be retiring from his job in the film.
It seems a right kind of tribute to Paul who passed away in a tragic car crash on Nov 30.
However, according to Pete Turner of Yahoomovies.co.uk, "While it would have been wildly inappropriate to have Walker's character dying in a flaming car wreck, killing off Brian would still pack a far bigger punch for fans than retiring the character.
In "Fast and Furious 6" Brian O' Connor is already settled with Mia and his child. Universal Studios has already revealed about their intention of using Paul Walker's footage, which he shot before the death.
As reported by UKmoviesyahoo.com, "Universal studios have confirmed that this is their intention (to keep Paul in the film) and the script will be re-written by Chris Morgan in order to give Walker's character a proper send off."
We think that the creative team is thinking on the right path by retiring Paul's character. Paul is married now and he can very well bid adieu to all the adventure he had taken with his team. Also after Walker's death it was reported that he was planning to retire from acting to spend time with his daughter. Retiring him in the film so that he can be with his family will act as a perfect tribute to his last wish.
The production of Fast and Furious 7 was halted after Paul's death. Universal studios had released a statement in Dec saying, "Right now, all of us at Universal are dedicated to providing support to Paul's immediate family and our extended 'Fast & Furious' family of cast, crew and filmmakers," adding, "At this time we feel is it our responsibility to shut down production on 'Fast & Furious 7' for a period of time so we can assess all options available to move forward with the franchise."
Fast and Furious 7 will now be release in April 10, 2015 and Cody Walker may replace Paul Walker in the film.
Till then stay tuned for the further updates.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Taylor Swift And Harry Styles Spotted Together Enjoying A Concert; Songstress ‘Still Not Over’ 1D Singer—Reports
- 'White Collar' Season 6 RECAP Episode 3: Amy Slaps Neal Caffrey In Uncontrolled Variables [SPOILERS]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies