Kesha In Rehab For Eating Disorder, Blames Music Producer Dr. Luke; Celebrities Who Suffered From Eating Disorder
By Tarun Mazumdar | January 6, 2014 6:57 PM EST
Kesha has entered the rehab for eating disorder Friday morning. "I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself but I've found it hard to practice," Kesha said in a statement to People.
Singer Kesha poses at the 28th annual ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers) Pop Music Awards in Hollywood, California April 27, 2011.
"I'll be unavailable for the next 30 days, seeking treatment for my eating disorder ... to learn to love myself again. Exactly as I am."
She is at Timberline Knolls near Chicago. It is the same place where Demi Lovato went for the eating disorder problems.
Ninemsn reported that Ke$ha blames Dr. Luke for her eating disorder. Sources close to Ke$ha claimed the ragging started after her 2011 "Get Sleazy" tour. Dr. Luke, a music producer, ragged her for gaining weight. He told the singing star she "looked like a f**king refrigerator." She was affected by the comment.
Celebrities Suffering From Eating Disorder
1. Kelly Clarkson: First winner of "American Idol" Kelly Clarkson got criticized for her weight. She later admitted that she suffered from eating disorder. "I thought...If I came back and I'm cuter and thinner...then I'll get the role," told Kelly to Cosmogirl.
2. Sharon Osbourne: She battled bulimia for 35 years.
3. Jessica Alba: She is known for her superhot figure. However, she mentioned that she was worried about her weight. She realized that she had eating disorder after her weight dropped below 100 pounds. She learned how to cook to stay slim and healthy.
4. Troian Bellisario: Recently, "Pretty Little Liars" Star Troian opened up about her eating disorder. "'I started self-harming when I was a junior," Troian told Seventeen. "I would withhold food or withhold going out with my friends, based on how well I did that day in school." "Being a teenager is chaotic because you're kind of coming into your own. I didn't know what was right and what was wrong, so I think I created this bizarre system of checks and balances to create order in my world. But it really backfired."
5. Christina Ricci: She battled anorexia and blamed the eating disorder on TV. "At the time that I was starting to diet and stuff, I saw this TV movie, and I thought, 'Ooh - anorexia. I could probably do that," Christina told The Guardian in 2004.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015