NBA 2K14 Tips and Tricks: Top 5 Free Agent Pickups In MyGM Mode
By Vanessa Francisco | January 6, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There's no trick on how to make a good lineup in MyGM mode with a fantasy draft in NBA 2K14. But here's a few of the best free agent pickups available in MyGM or Association mode. Remember that ratings, roster updates and skills fluctuate over seasons.
1. Nick Calathes: Overall Rating: 63
Players need to bring off the bench ideally to do this very well. Your team's starting lineup should give a balance of choices and your bench unit should have a guy who scores, another who rebounds, someone who defends and one who distributes. Nick Calathes can be the guy who can distribute for your team. Nick's pass rating dovetails with his Pick and Roll and Passer skills to create a player that's both effective and fun to use off the bench. His mid-range game is decent.
2. Pablo Prigioni: Overall Rating: 67
Prigioni is a good passer whose best skill in NBA 2K14 is a spot-up 3-point shooter and defender. With an interceptor skill and mid-80s steal rating, Prigioni can be a good bench option. His high 3-point shooting skill can also be a weapon and it's best to start the play with, look for him and open on the perimeter once you're in action.
3. Shaun Livingston: Overall Rating: 62
Livingston has his height going for him. At 6-7, he is one of the tallest point guards in the NBA 2K14 and it can make him a matchup danger zone, especially when used in a physical way. He has an excellent close shooting rating with a good lay-up rating, which means he can get to the hoops and finish, especially against the smaller guards. Don't expect him to hit a lot of jumpers with him, though.
4. Reggie Bullock: Overall Rating: 64
Here's a list of what Reggie Bullock has 3-point shooting skill, size and a fast release. At 6-7, Bullock is a huge shooting guard or a relatively small forward so he can fill both roles off the bench.His 3-point in the low 80s makes him good in offenses of coming down screens in sets.
5. Martell Webster: Overall Rating: 68
Webster is one of the best 3-point shooters you can get out of free agency. He's a great pick if you want instant offense from your bench. He has great corner, catch and shoot skills, perfect for bench units with no dynamic scorers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Vivo Rumoured To Be Building World’s Thinnest Smartphone With 3.8 MM Thickness