NBA 2K14 Tips and Tricks: Top 5 Free Agent Pickups In MyGM Mode
By Vanessa Francisco | January 6, 2014 6:09 PM EST
There's no trick on how to make a good lineup in MyGM mode with a fantasy draft in NBA 2K14. But here's a few of the best free agent pickups available in MyGM or Association mode. Remember that ratings, roster updates and skills fluctuate over seasons.
1. Nick Calathes: Overall Rating: 63
Players need to bring off the bench ideally to do this very well. Your team's starting lineup should give a balance of choices and your bench unit should have a guy who scores, another who rebounds, someone who defends and one who distributes. Nick Calathes can be the guy who can distribute for your team. Nick's pass rating dovetails with his Pick and Roll and Passer skills to create a player that's both effective and fun to use off the bench. His mid-range game is decent.
2. Pablo Prigioni: Overall Rating: 67
Prigioni is a good passer whose best skill in NBA 2K14 is a spot-up 3-point shooter and defender. With an interceptor skill and mid-80s steal rating, Prigioni can be a good bench option. His high 3-point shooting skill can also be a weapon and it's best to start the play with, look for him and open on the perimeter once you're in action.
3. Shaun Livingston: Overall Rating: 62
Livingston has his height going for him. At 6-7, he is one of the tallest point guards in the NBA 2K14 and it can make him a matchup danger zone, especially when used in a physical way. He has an excellent close shooting rating with a good lay-up rating, which means he can get to the hoops and finish, especially against the smaller guards. Don't expect him to hit a lot of jumpers with him, though.
4. Reggie Bullock: Overall Rating: 64
Here's a list of what Reggie Bullock has 3-point shooting skill, size and a fast release. At 6-7, Bullock is a huge shooting guard or a relatively small forward so he can fill both roles off the bench.His 3-point in the low 80s makes him good in offenses of coming down screens in sets.
5. Martell Webster: Overall Rating: 68
Webster is one of the best 3-point shooters you can get out of free agency. He's a great pick if you want instant offense from your bench. He has great corner, catch and shoot skills, perfect for bench units with no dynamic scorers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown