Kate Winslet: New Mom Reveals In Glamour UK Magazine Son Will Have Her Last Name, Not RocknRoll
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 6, 2014 5:11 PM EST
Married couple, Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll, welcomed their first son named Bear. In an interview with Glamour UK magazine, the 38-year-old award-winning actress and new mom revealed that her son will bear her last name instead of her husband's unusual surname.
Actress Kate Winslet poses for photographers as she arrives on the "Carnage" red carpet at the 68th Venice Film Festival in Venice September 1, 2011. REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo (ITALY - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEADSHOT)
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Dean Makes Another Desperate Deal with Crowley to Save Sam, Synopsis For Episode 11 'First Born' Revealed
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
"It was always going to have my name. Of course we're not going to call it RocknRoll. People might judge all they like, but I am a f---ing grown-up," Kate Winslet said in the ABCNews report.
The "Titanic" star added she did not really have a conversation with her husband when it comes to what last name their child will use.
"Mia and Joe (Winslet's other two children) have it as part of their name, so it would be weird if this baby didn't," Winslet declared in the National Post report. Winslet got married twice in the past before walking down the aisle to say "I do" to Ned Rocknroll in 2012.
The actress admitted she feels "incredibly lucky" with the new chapter in her life but more guarded and private this time.
"The lovely thing for me is that I don't have to say what's happened in my life that has taken me down this path. I just can't even begin to tell you how lucky I am that I suddenly feel I've got something wonderful," she explained.
She just wrapped filming her upcoming movie, "Labor Day," so she plans to spend her free time focusing on her family where she could give her kids a childhood experience like hers that includes climbing trees and scraping knees.
"It's Ned's first baby - I can't wait for that bit, actually. My life is not the soap opera people would like it to be: in fact, it's not a soap opera at all," the actress said.
Despite being the critically acclaimed actress in the industry, Winslet insisted she is still a person living a normal life where she makes dinner and have her friends come over.
"The reality is I absolutely love my little life - which is, away from all the other stuff, a little life. It's weird, because the two worlds are so different: from fishfingers for tea to film sets. But that's the case for any actress who's a mother," the actress shared.
More Entertainment Articles to Read:
Taylor Swift Builds Wall Bordering Her Ocean-Front Home in Rhode Islands, Residents Troubled and Annoyed with Construction - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: Executive Producer Michael Narducci Hints Someone Else Knows about Rebekah and Marcel's Secret - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Taking a Time Off in August Amidst Miscarriage & Adopting a Child Claims
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- HTC One M8 Windows Phone to Launch for Verizon; Release Date, Price, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate for New Smartphone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff