Kate Winslet: New Mom Reveals In Glamour UK Magazine Son Will Have Her Last Name, Not RocknRoll
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 6, 2014 5:11 PM EST
Married couple, Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll, welcomed their first son named Bear. In an interview with Glamour UK magazine, the 38-year-old award-winning actress and new mom revealed that her son will bear her last name instead of her husband's unusual surname.
Actress Kate Winslet poses for photographers as she arrives on the "Carnage" red carpet at the 68th Venice Film Festival in Venice September 1, 2011. REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo (ITALY - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEADSHOT)
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Dean Makes Another Desperate Deal with Crowley to Save Sam, Synopsis For Episode 11 'First Born' Revealed
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
"It was always going to have my name. Of course we're not going to call it RocknRoll. People might judge all they like, but I am a f---ing grown-up," Kate Winslet said in the ABCNews report.
The "Titanic" star added she did not really have a conversation with her husband when it comes to what last name their child will use.
"Mia and Joe (Winslet's other two children) have it as part of their name, so it would be weird if this baby didn't," Winslet declared in the National Post report. Winslet got married twice in the past before walking down the aisle to say "I do" to Ned Rocknroll in 2012.
The actress admitted she feels "incredibly lucky" with the new chapter in her life but more guarded and private this time.
"The lovely thing for me is that I don't have to say what's happened in my life that has taken me down this path. I just can't even begin to tell you how lucky I am that I suddenly feel I've got something wonderful," she explained.
She just wrapped filming her upcoming movie, "Labor Day," so she plans to spend her free time focusing on her family where she could give her kids a childhood experience like hers that includes climbing trees and scraping knees.
"It's Ned's first baby - I can't wait for that bit, actually. My life is not the soap opera people would like it to be: in fact, it's not a soap opera at all," the actress said.
Despite being the critically acclaimed actress in the industry, Winslet insisted she is still a person living a normal life where she makes dinner and have her friends come over.
"The reality is I absolutely love my little life - which is, away from all the other stuff, a little life. It's weird, because the two worlds are so different: from fishfingers for tea to film sets. But that's the case for any actress who's a mother," the actress shared.
More Entertainment Articles to Read:
Taylor Swift Builds Wall Bordering Her Ocean-Front Home in Rhode Islands, Residents Troubled and Annoyed with Construction - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: Executive Producer Michael Narducci Hints Someone Else Knows about Rebekah and Marcel's Secret - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?