Kate Winslet: New Mom Reveals In Glamour UK Magazine Son Will Have Her Last Name, Not RocknRoll
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 6, 2014 5:11 PM EST
Married couple, Kate Winslet and Ned Rocknroll, welcomed their first son named Bear. In an interview with Glamour UK magazine, the 38-year-old award-winning actress and new mom revealed that her son will bear her last name instead of her husband's unusual surname.
Actress Kate Winslet poses for photographers as she arrives on the "Carnage" red carpet at the 68th Venice Film Festival in Venice September 1, 2011. REUTERS/Alessandro Garofalo (ITALY - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEADSHOT)
'Supernatural' Season 9 Spoilers: Dean Makes Another Desperate Deal with Crowley to Save Sam, Synopsis For Episode 11 'First Born' Revealed
'Man of Steel 2' Casting Rumours: Twitter Post Hints Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to Get Cast as Villain Doomsday?
"It was always going to have my name. Of course we're not going to call it RocknRoll. People might judge all they like, but I am a f---ing grown-up," Kate Winslet said in the ABCNews report.
The "Titanic" star added she did not really have a conversation with her husband when it comes to what last name their child will use.
"Mia and Joe (Winslet's other two children) have it as part of their name, so it would be weird if this baby didn't," Winslet declared in the National Post report. Winslet got married twice in the past before walking down the aisle to say "I do" to Ned Rocknroll in 2012.
The actress admitted she feels "incredibly lucky" with the new chapter in her life but more guarded and private this time.
"The lovely thing for me is that I don't have to say what's happened in my life that has taken me down this path. I just can't even begin to tell you how lucky I am that I suddenly feel I've got something wonderful," she explained.
She just wrapped filming her upcoming movie, "Labor Day," so she plans to spend her free time focusing on her family where she could give her kids a childhood experience like hers that includes climbing trees and scraping knees.
"It's Ned's first baby - I can't wait for that bit, actually. My life is not the soap opera people would like it to be: in fact, it's not a soap opera at all," the actress said.
Despite being the critically acclaimed actress in the industry, Winslet insisted she is still a person living a normal life where she makes dinner and have her friends come over.
"The reality is I absolutely love my little life - which is, away from all the other stuff, a little life. It's weird, because the two worlds are so different: from fishfingers for tea to film sets. But that's the case for any actress who's a mother," the actress shared.
More Entertainment Articles to Read:
Taylor Swift Builds Wall Bordering Her Ocean-Front Home in Rhode Islands, Residents Troubled and Annoyed with Construction - [READ]
'The Originals' Spoilers: Executive Producer Michael Narducci Hints Someone Else Knows about Rebekah and Marcel's Secret - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage