‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Spoilers: Why Gregor ‘the Mountain’ Clegane is Important this Time
By Sachin Trivedi | January 6, 2014 3:55 PM EST
"Game of Thrones" Season 4 will feature a new face for the role of Gregor Clegane, also known as - the mountain. The character will have a very important role to play in the upcoming season.
Many of the "Game of Thrones" fans have seen the teaser of season 4 showing Tyrion Lannister in hand cuffs. This has lead to a question in many fans' minds - will Tyrion Lannister die? Readers will be happy to know that the author of the series George R R Martin has not been so cruel as to kill the highly popular character, yet.
There will be some unexpected deaths of some very important characters in "Game of Thrones" Season 4. One of them will be King Joffrey. The producers of the show had a "Roast Joffrey" event online.
The event allowed fans to vent their anger against King Joffrey online using social media platforms. The death of the character will get Tyrion Lannister into trouble, as he is suspected of the murder in "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
Tyrion will once again choose the option of trial by combat to avoid punishment. Here is where Gregor Clegane comes into picture, he is chosen by Cersei Lannister as her champion to fight Tyrion's champion.
A strong man like Gregor Clegane would be very difficult to beat in single combat. Even the cut throat Bronn will not take up the challenge, partly because the risk is too high and partly because he will be given a better incentive by Cersei to not fight. Cersei will be very well placed to out manoeuvre Tyrion in "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
Tyrion will get a champion though, the young prince of House Martell. Readers should remember that Gregor Clegane was responsible for the murder of the infant Prince Aegon, son of Prince Rhaegar.
He was also responsible for the rape and murder of Princess Elia, who was the wife of Prince Rhaegar and from House Martell. Prince Oberyn Martell, brother of Elia, will take the trial by combat as an opportunity to kill Gregor Clegane in order to get vengeance for his sister in "Game of Thrones" Season 4.
House Lannister will be in some big trouble as the death of either Prince Oberyn or Gregor Clegane is not in the interests of the House. How will the mighty Tywin deal with this problem? The excitement is building as the release date of "Game of Thrones" Season 4 is fast approaching. The release date announcement is expected this month and the show is expected to premiere in March.
More Articles to Read
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Ed Sheeran Disappoints Taylor Swift and Other A-List Celebrities, Scolded for Spilling Secrets - Reports
- Beyonce and Jay Z: HOV May Have a Sextape with Carmen Bryan, Report Suggests; Queen Bey ‘Beyond Furious’
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Find Out: Will Andi Dorfman Accept the Proposal and is She Still With the Winner
- Jim Parsons Quits The Big Bang Theory News Turns Out Hoax, but Actor ‘Not’ Sure about his Return in Season 8
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Reports: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Pince Harry Somber - Reports
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On