Pokemon X and Y News: Hacker Leaks Pictures of 3 Legendaries; New Pokemon Season Debuts in Cartoon Network
By Gel Galang | January 6, 2014 3:21 PM EST
In 2013, one of the biggest leaks for "Pokemon X and Y" happened when a hacker who goes by the name of smealum, was able to tap into the Nintendo game and tease out the supposed three legendaries for the game.
This time, more details have been uncovered for the three Pokemons, Diancie, Hoopa and Volcanion. The Official "Pokemon X and Y" Facebook fan page had spotted the images that have been posted by smealum depicting the abilities of the three Pokemons.
Note that these are not yet official Pokemons, as Nintendo and Game Freak has yet to announce the existence of these finds. However, the images, which you can view in this link, are interesting enough to start some speculation within the "Pokemon X and Y" community.
*With the CES 2014 coming up, here are some of the technology that you'll likely sample at the event: Read the full story here.
Here are some of the new information that have been leaked about the three "Pokemon X and Y" legendaries, according to the source:
- Hoopa has the Impractical ability, which forces the opponent to miss every other turn, and it can only be bypassed by Mold Breaker, Teravolt and Turboblaze. According to the image, it has three Psychic movies, Trick Room, Psychic, and Hyperspace Hole, and a Ghost Move, Shadow Ball.
- Volacanion has the Steamed-Up ability, which boosts its STAB moves by 40 per cent. This Pokemon has a two fire moves, Flare Blitz and Overheat; a normal move, Explosion; and a water movie called Steam Eruption.
- Diancie has the Shining Jewel ability that powers up special moves, so long as the weather effects are not in order. This Pokemon's moves include Moonblast, Diamond Storm, Light Screen and Safeguard.
Already, fans over at Pokemon Reddit are already reacting to the new leaks, while others are even speculating on what the stats of the three legendaries can be.
*Even after the holidays, there are still some deals on Amazon and Best Buy for video games and accessories that you can catch: Read here for more details.
"Steam Eruption looks so OP! More powerful version of Scald and still great accuracy!" said lompkins.
"I believe it was confirmed at 30% by Serebii when the details regarding these pokemon and their signature moves were leaked," said another Redditor armoredporpoise.
And there has also been a discussion of how and where they could be obtained. "We know Volcanion is inside one of the power plant doors (according to Smealum), but we probably need an item for it. Probably wifi distribution for at least one of them, maybe Nintendo Zone too," said UberNarwhalGuy.
What do you think of these new information about "Pokemon X and Y"? Are Hoopa, Diancie and Volcanion still worth the wait, when and if they do come out?
'Pokemon the Series: XY' on Cartoon Network
For those who are following "Pokemon X and Y" beyond the 3DS game, the "Pokemon the Series: XY" Japanese anime is coming to Cartoon Network early this year.
*Microsoft is trying to resolve wi-fi issues with another company. Updates expected ASAP: Read here for more.
Debuting on Cartoon Network on Jan 18, 8:30 a.m. ET/PT, Joystiq reports that this newest season of Pokemon will take place in the Kalos region while still following the journey of Ash Ketchum, the hero of the franchise.
You can still catch two animated specials, "Pokemon: Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening" at 8:30 a.m. ET/PT followed by "Pokemon the Movie: Genesect and the Legend Awakened" at 9:00 a.m. ET/PT.
Both specials will be aired on Cartoon Network on Jan 11, a good preparation before viewers catch the latest animation of the franchise.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight