Xbox One Updates: Wi-Fi Issues Being Resolved; Killer Instinct Patch Detailed; Glimpse of Project Spark Games
By Gel Galang | January 6, 2014 3:05 PM EST
One of the issues affecting the Xbox One had involved Wi-Fi problems. Some games can't be played online while using the Xbox One, and though there is no definite list of games that are affected by this issue, a lot of users have experienced a similar problem.
"Comcast and Microsoft are aware of a software issue affecting the ability of Xbox One users to play some games online. This issue is only observed when the Xbox One is connected to a network via WiFi and when that network also has an IPv6 address," said Comcast's official statement on its Web site.
In the statement, Comcast has mentioned a quick fix for the problem, which is to connect the Xbox One using an Ethernet cable instead of going for a Wi-Fi connection.
For now, both Comcast and Microsoft are hard at work trying to diagnose the issue as well as in creating a software update that would allow a more definitive solution to the issue. The software update for the Xbox One had been promised to come soon after the holidays.
*Videogames are coming in 2014---and here are the top must-play games you need to check out when they're released: Read the full list here.
'Killer Instinct' Patch Give Game More Updates
A very big patch for the Xbox One exclusive "Killer Instinct," worth 675 MB, has recently been released and brings with it a number of changes and fixes.
OXM reports that some of the changes that come with the "Killer Instinct" patch include fixing balancing issues, save data problems and full controller support.
*Here's a fun fan-made game based on "Pokemon," and it takes inspiration from a previously renowned miniatures game: Read the details here.
But more importantly, there are now new costumes and accessories for two more characters in the game, Orchid and Jago. Also, Sabrewulf has already become a free character, though Jago is still a paid one.
Over at publisher Double Helix's forum, a full list of the patch has been released. There are in-game updates, online updates, ranked matches updates, gameplay updates and character specific fixes.
'Project Spark' Games Look Very Interesting Even at Beta
Among the upcoming Xbox One games this 2014, one of the most awaited ones includes "Project Spark," which is an exclusive title that lets players create their own game.
*Were hackers responsible for some of the post-holiday downtime of the PSN? Read here for more.
It already went into beta early December for the Windows 8.1, and as a fruit of that, Jurassic Junkie has found a number of created games from other players. Since the tools for creating games were reportedly easy to use, the community seems to have gotten started with what they want to show off to the rest of the players.
The list has games like "Tower Defense"; "Slender Game," which takes after the "Slenderman" franchise; "Ryse Son of Spark," an obvious spin from the "Ryse" exclusive title on the Xbox One; "Synthesizer" for music; and "Tetris" with a unique design. Those interested can check out the screenshots for the games in the link above.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- PS4 Teasers: New Tech, ‘Battlefield Hardline’ And ‘Game of Thrones’ Come To PlayStation Experience
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report